Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

Got a pass and went to DW for the first time in a couple of years (except for night events). Park is looking good. Checked out MS, and I thought Brock's garage was done well, just isn't overly popular. And the HWSW has much more comfortable seating (with room to put my legs now) and better brake and lift hill system. The track was still rough, but didn't find my head banging against the restraint. I do think in the queue line that some netting should be put around the top between the walls and shading, as birds are getting in and crapping on the tower.

That is a ton of land for the Tiger Island Renovation, I wonder if they plan to use all that land for the Tigers or if the current site will be left partially vacant.  

Either way, good move, the Tigers have been a massive win for Dreamworld from the start.  It'll be good to have a proper set up for their shows rather than the current set up which was never really designed with shows in mind, and more room for the animals is always a good thing.

Finally got around to riding the Hot Wheels Sidewinder, and I have a bit of a mixed opinion. 

In terms of the operations, the overhaul was successful. Loading on the ride took no time at all, the lift hill was surprisingly smooth, the harnesses were comfortable, and it parked almost perfectly. Normally I would rate this pretty high, but there's just something that bugs me about the whole experience; it still reeks of the Cyclone. 

When I hear that a ride is being completely overhauled and brought into a brand-new experience, I expect most of what was left behind to be changed and altered in some fashion. Yet, in the queue for the sidewinder, I still felt like I was waiting for the Cyclone. The clinical walls remained, the vents for the long-dead fans remained, even the old "Tarp Cyclone" room remained (albeit with an extremely bright coat of paint). I'm not saying I expect DW to start from scratch and rebuild the queue building, but I just feel like the only real change that was made was a new colour palette. Everywhere you turn, you still see the relics of the Cyclone and I honestly expected a little more from Dreamworld, especially considering how they've been going lately. 

Better than the Cyclone? Yes, but only brought down because it feels like the Cyclone through and through, only, this time, hiding behind an obnoxious colour palette.

This is one thing where I am happy if they cut some corners and take the cheaper way out if it means we see something of high quality added to the park afterwards. There are some small things that could have been done differently (maybe close in the queue room and air condition it), use the TVs and speakers that were in the queue line instead of adding two screens to the top of the queue. They already had AV equipment installed so that confuses me. It is one queue where their playing popular music would fit in the best.

On 2/7/2016 at 01:33, www worker 2.0 said:

Well no one at Ardent know what VRTP have planned while they have three major parks. We have 1 and a half parks, big brother house and blue lagoon including the arena for BB live shows will be demolished by the end of the year in prep for 2018 ( it will be a huge construction project in that area around September) 

Do not know how to multi quote on this forum the Mack for MW may not be heading there ;)hy 2018 DW and WWW will not be the same.

Gold Rush won't be the same by year's ends

On 2/7/2016 at 01:33, www worker 2.0 said:

Well no one at Ardent know what VRTP have planned while they have three major parks. We have 1 and a half parks, big brother house and blue lagoon including the arena for BB live shows will be demolished by the end of the year in prep for 2018 ( it will be a huge construction project in that area around September) 

Do not know how to multi quote on this forum the Mack for MW may not be heading there ;)hy 2018 DW and WWW will not be the same.

Gold Rush won't be the same by year's ends

Brad I am manager of attraction operations. 

Richard why when I quote someone this happens? And editing doesn't work? I'm on chrome BTW

I asked the question regarding the kevil industries building and also if there are are any expected opening dates for mine ride and got the attached responce.

So maybe there are possible dates for reopening but they just can't share with us yet?

I like the wink at the end. Nice touch. Sounds like kenny and belinda are being a little cheaky.

2016-02-10 17.09.00.jpg

Better keeping it as a maze than getting rid of it completely...

Or maybe not because it will seem even more out of place if it's in the middle of tiger island. Maybe they can connect the storyline to zombie tigers trying to take over the world, just like they did to Tower of Terror.

19 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Richard why when I quote someone this happens? And editing doesn't work? I'm on chrome BTW

I've had this before on chrome, I *think* it had something to do with the 'multi quote' or when I went to quote someone, closed the tab, then went back to quote someone else and it remembered I had the previous quote before. (If that makes sense). 

I'd suggest clearing the cache 

Settings>Advanced>Clear Browsing Data

Capture.thumb.PNG.91d750b677a2a1a17bd82a

Actually.. The article wasn't even about a Jurassic themed park, it was pure conjecture. 

Basically..

rich guys wants to build theme park on GC

+

rich guy also wants to buy a share in movie production company

+

said movie production company produced Jurassic World (and about 1000 other movies)

=

rich guy wants to build a Jurassic theme park on the GC

typical GC bulletin journalism 

Edited by Brad2912

update on Kevil, Gusst Services have now confirmed the attraction is now completely going, not sure if they were referring to the maze as well, you can see that they have built a wall where the entrance was. (see second picture) there is also more construction markings that have been spotted, (see the fifth picture) They didn't mention the Tiger Island refurbishment unless that's been put on hold again. The reason why they are getting rid of it is because it was getting expensive to operate and fix the effects in the attractionimage.thumb.jpeg.b67ff321c8bb670016dfb8aimage.thumb.jpeg.d31b17ecb99d5a4d9cf1d5fimage.thumb.jpeg.fbe87cf84ab2556653a7d42image.thumb.jpeg.d21a045a8175e59d16beb0dimage.thumb.jpeg.e3ce7313d2afa23376c5bfcimage.thumb.jpeg.1f7f0502d188fa99d93dbd7image.thumb.jpeg.33228b9ec7355f2d9592ce5image.thumb.jpeg.481ce8f0b151e37599b6738 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016