Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

52 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

I went 2 days ago when they were doing empty test cycles of it, but it was the same usual one. Unless they have decided to change it since then, but I am not holding my breath. 

I did add my 2c to a recent DW post in which someone asked if they would change the cycle (I agreed with them)  so you never know.

Hey, by "usual" do you mean the one they have used ever since it came out of the refurb in mid 2014 the one that stops and starts heaps of times and only goes for half the length of time as the one they used for 20 years? It was thrilling especially the double backflip sideways, however before you knew it the ride was over and when it kept stopping and starting it was annoying. 

9 hours ago, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

Hey, by "usual" do you mean the one they have used ever since it came out of the refurb in mid 2014 the one that stops and starts heaps of times and only goes for half the length of time as the one they used for 20 years? It was thrilling especially the double backflip sideways, however before you knew it the ride was over and when it kept stopping and starting it was annoying. 

The current 3 minute one,  as it has been for the past year or two. And yeah I am aware of the older longer cycle, as I've been going on it since when it opened in the mid 90's lol. They long retired that cycle though, probably because they think the shorter one is more queue efficient.  

I can see the possibility of them maybe changing to different cycle modes with enough interest, but I don't expect them to be using ones longer than the current one. 

11 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

I went 2 days ago when they were doing empty test cycles of it, but it was the same usual one. Unless they have decided to change it since then, but I am not holding my breath. 

I did add my 2c to a recent DW post in which someone asked if they would change the cycle (I agreed with them)  so you never know.

Depending on what time of day it was they have been testing ride before opening to the public as currently according to maintenance schedule the Wipeout on weekdays is only open from 10:30 to 3:30.   

On 18/3/2016 at 10:03 AM, Ashley said:

Depending on what time of day it was they have been testing ride before opening to the public as currently according to maintenance schedule the Wipeout on weekdays is only open from 10:30 to 3:30.   

Was around 2pm, and there were a couple of mechanics in the operating room. Pretty sure it was final test cycles before reopening from recent scheduled maintenance.

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

A leaf, floating in the murrissippi, and a Kangaroo holding a coke can.

The leaf, for sure. 

The roo, I'll see what I can do there, didn't the last update show they were all gone at the moment? If they're back and I remember this post on Saturday I'll give it a go. 

If you look on DWs park map online they really won't you to aware that tiger island is closed it's all blacked out but also on the map where the Blue Lagoon site is also blacked out with a text box staying Dreamworld Studios is closed and just recently the Big Brother signage finally disappeared spotted by Oceangirl would this be a sign that blue lagoon may have something done with it because Dreamworld studios has been closed or years and now they just randomly put up a text saying there studios are closed. I don't know maybe I'm just getting on hype train like we all did with Eureka and we went no where.

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, Ashley said:

If you look on DWs park map online they really won't you to aware that tiger island is closed it's all blacked out but also on the map where the Blue Lagoon site is also blacked out with a text box staying Dreamworld Studios is closed and just recently the Big Brother signage finally disappeared spotted by Oceangirl would this be a sign that blue lagoon may have something done with it because Dreamworld studios has been closed or years and now they just randomly put up a text saying there studios are closed. I don't know maybe I'm just getting on hype train like we all did with Eureka and we went no where.

Untitled.png

Really, it should be greyed out too, bar the train line. But a couple of greyed out areas on the map implies half the park is closed! It's intentionally not greyed out for that reason, not in a "coming soon!" capacity. Sorry.

(Happy for DW to announce something though to make me look silly!)

23 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Really, it should be greyed out too, bar the train line. But a couple of greyed out areas on the map implies half the park is closed! It's intentionally not greyed out for that reason, not in a "coming soon!" capacity. Sorry.

(Happy for DW to announce something though to make me look silly!)

tumblr_myaohebSIG1shcqoxo1_500.gif

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016