Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

5 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I never seen GD catch and re-drop, when has this occurred? 

Hmm, I know it did for at least a year or so after it opened in 1998, as this was around the time I rode it. It would drop briefly, then hover for a split second or two before plunge the rest of the way down ? Only the hinterland side, though. The ocean side has always been a straight drop down as far as I am aware!

Im glad someone else has mentioned it, as I remembered it doing that too,  but had started to wonder if it was just a figment of my imagination hahaha. Obviously not ???

1 hour ago, OceanGirl said:

Hmm, I know it did for at least a year or so after it opened in 1998, as this was around the time I rode it. It would drop briefly, then hover for a split second or two before plunge the rest of the way down ? Only the hinterland side, though. The ocean side has always been a straight drop down as far as I am aware!

Im glad someone else has mentioned it, as I remembered it doing that too,  but had started to wonder if it was just a figment of my imagination hahaha. Obviously not ???

It was a feature of the ride, many people thought the operators did some for this to happen but that was never the case.

22 minutes ago, totta3 said:

OMG the Side windewr is starting to get pretty rough allready?????

I don't believe that is actually accurate or even possible for that matter.

The train uses the old chassis and wheels from the original train so there was zero improvement in smoothness from those components with the re theme. The only change is a 'perceived' improvement because of the new seat/restraint design. As a seat can't 'get rough' there is no way the train is getting rougher.

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

I don't believe that is actually accurate or even possible for that matter.

The train uses the old chassis and wheels from the original train so there was zero improvement in smoothness from those components with the re theme. The only change is a 'perceived' improvement because of the new seat/restraint design. As a seat can't 'get rough' there is no way the train is getting rougher.

hahaha hilarious

Received an email back from DW in regards to why the Log Ride has closed so much this year all they said it's getting on in years so it's starting to require more maintenance and Dreamworld have recently also been giving some TLC, would any one else agree that it should be something like the Motocoaster getting TLC not so the Log Ride

Edited by Ashley

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Received an email back from DW in regards to why the Log Ride has closed so much this year all they said it's getting on in years so it's starting to require more maintenance and Dreamworld have recently also been giving some TLC, would any one else agree that it should be something like the Motocoaster getting TLC not so the Log Ride

Maybe the log ride's on the way out... I hope not since apart from the train it's the only attraction left.

Still, some TLC might give it a few more years.

Edited by Santa07

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016