Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

3 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Although for it just coming out of maintenance today, half the cave was dark and not lit up like it should have been. 

The saw was spinning. And it had a light behind it. That's good, right? I remember some point last year that cave was pitch black and you couldn't even see the saw lol. 

6 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

The saw on Buzzsaw was spinning too. 

Ha. It was off all day yesterday. When we rocked up around 11am, we feared the ride was down for the day. Turns out that it seems someone had just forgotten to turn the outside saw on that day ?

Edited by OceanGirl

On 3/24/2016 at 0:23 PM, OceanGirl said:

Wtf... At Dreamworld atm, the Wipeout is back up and running again, but it's making some really loud creaking noises from its right arm whilst in operation. Doesn't sound healthy at all ?? Will try and record it to see what you guys think ?

20160324_112531.mp4

You can hear it in this cycle, was even worse in the previous one ???

Sounds like the gear boxes to me, use to happen all the time. I'm sure the engineering team fixed it in no time if it was that big of a problem. I do believe the ride just came out of a period of maintenance so the gear boxes just may need to wear themselves in. The sounds of this ride is what makes it even scarier ;) 

16 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Maybe the log ride's on the way out... I hope not since apart from the train it's the only attraction left.

Still, some TLC might give it a few more years.

We can hope not it's one of my most favourite rides, when you get wet

Always read fine print ^ 

2 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

I'm considering booking the VIP Tiger Cub Experience for next week, after reading Reanimated's review, which option did you chose @reanimated35? I'm looking towards the bronze option.

Sure, go for that one if you think a 6x8 photo and a coffee is worth $15.....

I think their photo prices are $10 per photo. 

I got the basic one, then bought the USB ($50) and got all 39 photos they took of us onto it (included in the $50 USB bundle).

Currently Big-W is doing 6x8 prints for $0.95 - although I'd recommend using Officeworks on Adelaide street in the city for photo printing as they have better quality printers than most other places.  

Whichever you get - I did see a couple of people get caught out with this, so don't forget:

Dreamworld entry is not included in price of the Tiger Cub/s experience and must be purchased separately.

Edited by reanimated35

that's pretty much the only option that I can do, saving up lots of money for a trip to America for the end of year, 

also every quickly reanimated 

when you quoted this: "Dreamworld entry is not included  in price of the Tiger Cub/s experience and must be purchased separately."

will showing them my annual pass allow me entry for the experience or do I have to buy a one ticket just for the experience?

Visited DW today and good news the Wipeout deficiently is working fine once again it wasn't making any squeaky sounds or anything the Main Street Emporium shop has been given a recent coat of red paint except for roof currently, TOT2 was reaching pretty decent heights of up to the F of the of and I have one word to describe the Tiger cubs, cute. Does anyone also know where Kai is, it was only the Kai's 2 younger sisters and the white cubs in the Tiger Kindy.    

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Visited DW today and good news the Wipeout deficiently is working fine once again it wasn't making any squeaky sounds or anything the Main Street Emporium shop has been given a recent coat of red paint except for roof currently, TOT2 was reaching pretty decent heights of up to the F of the of and I have one word to describe the Tiger cubs, cute. Does anyone also know where Kai is, it was only the Kai's 2 younger sisters and the white cubs in the Tiger Kindy.    

Kai was in the enclosure when all four were out for a park walk yesterday and that was around 3:00pm yesterday,

TOT2 was reaching to the letter "O" on of yesterday when I was there

11 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

Kai was in the enclosure when all four were out for a park walk yesterday and that was around 3:00pm yesterday,

TOT2 was reaching to the letter "O" on of yesterday when I was there

Probably was reaching both of the letters of the OF. Just depends on the load weight I suppose.

On Monday, 28 March 2016 at 10:20 PM, ash.1111 said:

Any photos of the repainted Main Street Emporium?

I don't I'm afraid is hasn't been repainted a different colour just a fresh coat I only knew cause it wasn't  all faded and looking a tired as it use to the roof is still fainted and not painted yet.

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016