Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

I must viewing say the pics of Tiger Island in its current state it is hard to believe what it really use to look like hopefully this is a refurbishment with no corners cut like how DW have done in the past.

9 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

TOT2 is reaching the "T" on Terror right now if anyone is interested

Obviously the height the TOT2 depends on the load the weight because it's changing constantly one load it reaches the T on Terror the next it may reach the F on Of so probably isn't 160km but it wouldn't just be about speed but about the load weight as well.

How is the speed changed on the TOT2 anyway and how does it really work and run at such high speeds?

8 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

^ Giant rubber band, hence the lighter the load, the further it goes. 

Don't lie.. 

It's tiger powered. Tiger Island is just a front for a sophisticated tiger slave breeding programme.

the car is hooked up to 150 tigers, strung up like old fashion sleigh dogs, and they release deer into the subterranean tunnel, which the Tigers chase to the dead end, consume, and reset. 

The reason for the audible alarm is to ensure no team members enter the 'tiger tunnel' when they are released

Edited by Brad2912

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Don't lie.. 

It's tiger powered. Tiger Island is just a front for a sophisticated tiger slave breeding programme.

the car is hooked up to 150 tigers, strung up like old fashion sleigh dogs, and they release deer into the subterranean tunnel, which the Tigers chase to the dead end, consume, and reset. 

The reason for the audible alarm is to ensure no team members enter the 'tiger tunnel' when they are released

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tower_of_Terror_II&type=revision&diff=712895178&oldid=529256478

I know it seems to be launching at different speeds. But I don't think it just launches will my nilly with the same force each time and the weight determines how high up it goes.

i think you'll find it weighs the car once loaded to determine how much force the magnets need to launch the pod up the tower. Same way Batwing and SE weigh themselves before launching. I mean the ride isn't a continuous circuit so it would be pretty irresponsible if it didn't ensuring it doesn't overshoot up the tower, although there are magnetic brakes at the top of the tower like at the end. 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

So other than the Tiger Island refurb, does anyone else think we may see anything else from DW in 2016?

With MW getting the new Villains precinct (which we know quite little about) and DD, is DW hedging its bets on the revitalised TI solely to keep its members/increase visitation?  

maybe Dreamworld is planing to open Dipping Dots stall along aside the Tiger Island refurbishment to against Doomsday? :P  Ok let's be serious here, pretty sure nothing else is in the works for 2016,

This year? No. 

Prior to comm games? Yes.

I would hope for a full park refresh. It's like they're forgetting about the rest of the park. Ocean parade looks great, but the back of the park from RH all the way around to the other side of OP needs some 'refresh' now. The good thing is that while it's not too bad at the moment, it shouldn't take much to refresh it. Bit of paint, general tidy up etc. 

12 hours ago, Original said:

I know it seems to be launching at different speeds. But I don't think it just launches will my nilly with the same force each time and the weight determines how high up it goes.

i think you'll find it weighs the car once loaded to determine how much force the magnets need to launch the pod up the tower. Same way Batwing and SE weigh themselves before launching. I mean the ride isn't a continuous circuit so it would be pretty irresponsible if it didn't ensuring it doesn't overshoot up the tower, although there are magnetic brakes at the top of the tower like at the end. 

I don't think the weight is measured.   SE needs to be weighed for the ride to apply the correct force. For the ToT I believe this is not the case because each magnet is controlled seperatly and the force applied by each magnet variers due what speed it is traveling at.  I was walking past with my partner when it failed to launch.  It went up as high as the curve, rolled back towards the station.  The car did not make it back to the station and started rolling back towards the hill.  My wife said out loudly that the car is about to get stuck.  She said this just as a maintenance guy was walking bye.  He very quickly replied the ride was just resetting because it lost the location of the car on track and didn't know how fast it was travelling.   

I'd suspect TOT throws a set amount of energy at the car and it goes as high as it goes. Perhaps that is why it "looses" the car occasionally. 

I thought Superman pulled until the track sensors picked up that it reached a certain speed. Using the "seat of pants o-meter", on half full trains it feel like it accelerates harder but comes off the launch car earlier. Just my observation. 

It probably does accelerate harder because it requires less torque to get a lighter train moving. 

I believe (I don't know) that it calculates its launch force prior to launch and then you get what you get. Hence why you sometimes get a rollback. 

On 07/04/2016 at 3:02 PM, AlexB said:

So according to Wiki - there are Waikiki Wave Super Flips (WWSF) in:

• Dreamworld
  • SF Mexico
  • Space World Japan

There are also 2 listed as defunct:

• Flamingland UK
  • Kentucky Kingdom USA

So the Rampage at AW isn't the same model as the Wipeout?

I always assumed it was the same although thinking back it was way more intense than the Wipeout ever was

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/ardent-leisure-records-ongoing-growth-in-visitor-numbers-at-gold-coast-attr/#sthash.CCoGNoLw.dpuf

An interesting article, but what I found most interesting is this part 

There has also been speculation that Chinese interest in the region may see Chinese real estate and entertainment giant Dalian Wanda Group look to aquire Ardent’s Gold Coast attractions. 

Has anyone seen any speculation about this?

It was rumored a few months back when all the Wanda hype was out there - some GC Bulletin hack interviewed someone at DW and put it to them that Wanda may just buy DW instead. The rep suggested that no such approach had been made, but that they were not closed to the idea. Sounds like media beat up.

6 hours ago, skeetafly said:

I found this part more interesting.  "Ardent (will) continue to refresh rides, improve retail outlets and hold more events at its parks as opposed to spending millions of dollars on new rides."

Which is probably what they need when you consider all of the "new" stuff is crammed into ocean parade. The rest of the park needs some love now. 

On 12/04/2016 at 9:23 AM, AlexB said:

The rep suggested that no such approach had been made, but that they were not closed to the idea.

The "rep" was Ardent Leisure CEO Deborah Thomas. The "hack" was an Australian Financial Review journalist.

http://www.afr.com/real-estate/ardent-leisure-open-to-working-with-chinese-competitor-wanda-20160217-gmwb6j

Within the industry it's not as far-fetched as you'd think... it's a plausible and viable pathway into the Australian market for the Wanda Group.

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016