Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

32 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Hmm, so DW has gotten to making a carbon copy of Doomsday?

Yeah, yeah, we already established that I accidentally posted those photos in the wrong thread lol. If @Richardor another admin/mod wouldn't mind relocating that post to the rightful thread, I'd really appreciate it! 

Offtopic/ontopic. It's a roof truss (well, a series of them). I reckon it will be staying where it is. Looks like a commercial shed type of construction, I think you can already spy main columns for the walls and trusses to bolt to being erected in the same area too.

Ok, I had just a message from  Theme Parks Girl saying that TPSN told her that Dreamworld is going to reopen the Mine Ride, Paddleboat, Bushranger Show. Dreamworld is going to build a second Tower Of Terror and a new kids coaster, all of this is to be believed to be announced next month, the guy is full of shit

5 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Offtopic/ontopic. It's a roof truss (well, a series of them). I reckon it will be staying where it is. Looks like a commercial shed type of construction, I think you can already spy main columns for the walls and trusses to bolt to being erected in the same area too.

Yeah I was looking at those poles and I guess it makes sense given there's kind of a slab thing going on there. If that's the case though, it's all back of house and not part of the park. 

2 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

Ok, I had just a message from  Theme Parks Girl saying that TPSN told her that Dreamworld is going to reopen the Mine Ride, Paddleboat, Bushranger Show. Dreamworld is going to build a second Tower Of Terror and a new kids coaster, all of this is to be believed to be announced next month, the guy is full of shit

And you're giving this idiot air time because? (tpsn, not TPG)

15 hours ago, bladex said:

nope that's skeet :P

Nope POP did now.  To be fair I was asking for everybody to dislike the post.  Just wanted to prove the dislike think does not really work because it will be abused by all.  POP is going to get a dislike no matter what his say which is funny but really screws the whole system up.  If I cared about the like system I could dislike other people’s post just to move me up.  I think a like should be worth more than a dislike.  If I had a fight with AlexB I could go back to everything he has said and dislike all his post. I don’t think I’m mature enough to control myself.

Yes it is true I am lazy but it would only take 1 person to do it and your 831 would be no more.  I know at least 3 that would.  If we has a system that for every 10 likes you could only do 1 unlike would protect your 831 likes but if you really say a dumb ass comment then I have a dislike to smack you with.   

Edited by skeetafly

47 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Yes it is true I am lazy but it would only take 1 person to do it and your 831 would be no more.  I know at least 3 that would.  If we has a system that for every 10 likes you could only do 1 unlike would protect your 831 likes but if you really say a dumb ass comment then I have a dislike to smack you with.   

..and thats just it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I guess this way, we have a way to express our displeasure with someone's comment without derailing a thread.

I don't really care about the reputation rating itself, so if you really feel you have to, go ahead. I think it's a good way to highlight posts that have popular info, and i'd hate for Richard to disable it because of abuse.

That said, if I say something that you believe deserves a downvote - please do. I know my opinion isn't popular with everyone. I'm ok with that.

47 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Is......is that a challenge?!

See you on the other hand I know you would if i challenged you to do it. You have way too much time at work. ;)

Finally, i blame this all on @Theme Park Girl for her unintentional derailing of the thread. If a mod gets around to moving, perhaps this can move into the positive reputation game, or be deleted... either way. ;)

On 10/05/2016 at 5:00 PM, skeetafly said:

Would be good if someone could capture a photo looking back towards the ramp where it ends.

Best I could do today, short of pulling my phone out whilst on the actual ride. But unfortunately I drew the short straw today in regards to seating arrangements, was a bit soaked at the time ?

20160517_142041.jpg

Ride is pretty much the same as before post maintenance, however there was no thunder and lightning effect inside the first cave entrance ? Plus the sound was significantly delayed for the outlaw scenario, we were well past it by the time the 'Help! Help!' kicked in. The waterfall was late turning off as well, not so good news for my backpack which was sitting in the middle of the raft lol  ?

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016