Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

23 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

we are all know your favourite word is Eurkea

That's the bright side about Dreamworld closing the mine ride I could have the word eureka one of my favourite words if it didn't close it wouldn't be my favourite word because I wouldn't have a need to mention it.

By the way Eureka is spelt EUREKA not EURKEA. :D

On 27/05/2016 at 2:20 PM, Ashley said:

That's the bright side about Dreamworld closing the mine ride I could have the word eureka one of my favourite words if it didn't close it wouldn't be my favourite word because I wouldn't have a need to mention it.

By the way Eureka is spelt EUREKA not EURKEA. :D

It's EURKEA a furniture and homewares store for the Wild West?

:D

Geez I must always pick the bad times to visit the Cub Kindy. Whenever I go there, the handlers aren't showing any kind of interest in interacting with visitors, let alone offering to take cub photos on their behalf. 

I've tried taking my own but it's virtually impossible to get decent pics turn out because the viewing screens are so dirty/scratched ?

17 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Geez I must always pick the bad times to visit the Cub Kindy. Whenever I go there, the handlers aren't showing any kind of interest in interacting with visitors, let alone offering to take cub photos on their behalf. 

I've tried taking my own but it's virtually impossible to get decent pics turn out because the viewing screens are so dirty/scratched ?

they only take photos when Patrick Martin-Vegue, (Tiger Island manager) is in the enclosure, he also took these photos, also you have to be very lucky when he comes out, it's uncommon to see him with Cubs, sometimes he comes when Kai is in the enclosure image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Vintage Cars were open today (Tuesday). I asked about it and they said that they are opening them weekdays atm because so many attractions are currently closed for maintenance/renos.

Don't know about the others though, I dare say its because it's off peak period and they have gone into conservation mode :mellow:

Went down to Dreamworld today. Looked like a nice day till about 1.00pm then the rain moved in. Quite surprised that only 2 rides (MDMC and Giant drop) shut in the rain today. everything walk on all day. Saw the cubs for the second time today. they have grown so much over the last couple of weeks. not sure what tiger cub it was (one of the orange/black tigers) but it was playing around then all of a sudden sprinted at the glass/plastic panel things and jumped about head height into the glass. The tiger was alright but got a bit of a shock. some dumbass was taping on the same bit of glass just before it happened as well. The trainer in there called a lady who showed up and they started talking about the height of the glass panels as the stupid Asian people who were taping on the glass got a fright when the tiger lunged at them. other than that not much else. oh the Claws floor wouldn't come back up for about 10 mins and the Wipeout had a breakdown free day today. the rails on the rapids don't change it at all. possibly a little less bumpy going back up to the station. very happy with the food Dreamworld have been serving atm. had the slice of pizza, chips and drink for $15 and let me just say, for $15 bucks at a theme park is pretty good deal especially when its really good. Pizza was really good so were the chips. Also had a coffee from green bean and a slice of banana bread and they were very nice as well. Very nice staff all day long and there is this one guy who is been going around on an electric board thing and giving people a good laugh all day. I was up towards the Crocs when he came flying by and told us it was raining and that he had been all over the park looking for us, just to tell us it was raining. (we were very aware that it was raining but he just made a bit of a joke out of it) Apart from the rain, it was a very pleasant day at Dreamworld.  

Took this this morning. More progress to the stadium area. You can see large steel framework and the begging of a ramp and the back of it. There is also a massive crane on site lifting steel into place. To the left of the area there was a lot of timber panelling, and I mean a lot. Looks like it might be cladding for the stadium, because it didn't appear to be timber to build a frame, due to its colouring and length.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

On 2 June 2016 at 7:52 PM, RabbitohsFan1 said:

The tiger was alright but got a bit of a shock. some dumbass was taping on the same bit of glass just before it happened as well. The trainer in there called a lady who showed up and they started talking about the height of the glass panels as the stupid Asian people who were taping on the glass got a fright when the tiger lunged at them.

1) Why were they stupid/a dumbass for taping through the glass?

2) How did being Asian influence this?

• Richard changed the title to Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016