Hey Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have some information about the closure of Fantasy Glades and Peppermint Park. Was it something about the Port Macquarie area or something else. Also if you have any more info about the closed port Macquarie parks i'd be very interested to know.

Thanks, Hugh

Edited by Mr Me

Basically they were both family owned and the families decided to take the money and sell out to developers. 

Both operators were getting older and I guess they saw better return in selling as land than as a going concern. 

The council had no spine at that stage and allowed the rezoning of the land for residential which they never should. 

End result is you now have a tourist town still trying to attract families which in reality has no attractions to visit!

Sadly the development didn't go ahead so now Fantasy Glades sits there to rot. 

You wouldn't know Peopermint Park existed.