Australia amusement problem

Why has nothing big other then things closing down happened for a long time like new parks or new roller coasters been built.
I will try and translate that for those of us who speak English not whatever miscellaneous language Schwarz speaks. "Why has nothing big, other than things closing down happened for a long time? Something like a new park, or new roller coasters." Is that a bit better? Schwarz, have you read any other threads on this forum lately? Like this one, this one, and this one. "The Bus is now leaving for Kitty English Reservoir, Victoria"

i think that i said this many times on why australia isnt big on rides and roller coasters becasue for the main reason we dont have the population to support this. I think that dreamworld is of a large standard, i mean it isnt a crappy theme park it has the record for the tallest ride in the world (giant drop) previously had the tallest roller coaster in the world (tower of terror) and has many thrills, including the wipe out, giant drop, tower of terror, reptar, eureka, thunder rapids, cyclone, enterprise, rocky hollow and many other thrills and shows. So u see that dreamworld is a great theme park, it may lack against other parks in the world but it sure still is a great theme park, as for movie world, wet n wild, sea world, wonderland, adventure world, and both luna parks, wonderland never had the money and even at the beggining knew they werent going to do to well, both luna parks are very wealthy but can afford to build more rides from the lack of land and the problem that the sydney luna park has with the noise. Adventure world is pretty remote and very boring. Its really like a picnic park but may in time boost up, and sea world and movie world are pretty new parks. They haven been in australia long and only now are they atrting to get bigger and expand. Wet n wild already is successful and from the world is one of the best water parks. See we dont have the population and american anthusiasts know that building a park in australia would not do to well, we will only ever have theme parks in surfers or on the gold coast becasue it is a holiday destination and thats what people do. More theme parks that would be built should not be built in suburban areas.

Adventure world is pretty remote and very boring. Its really like a picnic park but may in time boost up
Shifty I doubt you have ever been to Adventure World, it is far from boring and they have quite a few great thrill rides (Rampage, PowerSurge, Turbo Mountain etc), a water park which would show Dreamworld up, and many other rides and attractions. As far as I know nobody pays the $30+ entry just to have a picnic when there is a massive park across the road, so I don't know why you say it's "like a picnic park". It's not in a remote location, only approx 20 mins from the Perth CBD. Mate, I think you need to check your facts before posting obviously untrue information. :confused:

I think we can safely disregard anything Nightshifter says. For what it's worth though, Sea World was actually the first theme park in Australia, and Movie World has been operating for around 12 years. Neither are anywhere near new. How do you mean nothing new has happened in Australia in recent years? In 2001 Luna Park in Melbourne closed to have a lot of work done on it. This same year Sydney's Big Dipper was relocated to Dreamworld. Adventure World opened Rampage. In 2002 Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster opened, and is debatably the best coaster in Australia. Nick Central opened at Dreamworld, meaning we got a total of two coasters in this year. Adventure World opened Powersurge. In 2003 a Reverchon Spinning Mouse was added to the traveling circuit. Adventure World added a new kiddies coaster. 2004 has seen Shark Bay open at Sea World, Luna Park finally reopen in Sydney and there's more to come with Dreamworld later this year. Really, not a bad run. The four years prior to 2001 weren't any better.

and right u are richard, but you have never mentioned the downsides to theme parks in australia, -the beatie shut down -the thunderbolt is removed -wonderland closes down -the wild west falls had a fire tragedy -the thrillseeker at seaworld is removed When you mentioned what has happened to change parks and now that wonderland sydney is closing down its safe to say that while all little things are happening to parks one gigantic piece of news like wonderland closing sure puts a big cross next to the bad things that have happened to australian theme parks. We loose the space probe, the beatie, the bush beast, the demon and many other thrill rides located at wonderland. so really we are lacking more theme parks and rides then ever.

Thunderbolt's removal is not a downside. It was dated and needed to go sooner or later, to be replaced by multiple bigger and better things. That's a positive to me. Wild West Falls was put out of action for all of about a month and it wasn't a "fire tragedy" - no one was hurt and the damage was relatively minimal and easily repaired. If you miss Thrillseeker that much then go find one of the many clones out there. It too was removed to be eventually replaced with new and far more significant attractions, allegedly. What we've lost with Wonderland closing, we've essentially gained with Luna Park reopening in terms of numbers and ride quality. I'll gladly say that it's a bad thing that Wonderland is closing, but that still doesn't discount all the positive things that have happened. Add up everything, you'll find that the positive progress in the Amusement industry far outnumbers those negatives probably two or three to one.