Sign in to follow this  
Bradley McGrath

RCTW or Planet Coaster?

30 posts in this topic

RCTW is planned for release Q1/Q2,

PC is planned Q4.

At approx $80 each, I'll probably "acquire" both, then work out which I prefer and consider throwing some money towards, mostly just for steam integration. 

Although the more I look at PC the more I like it, although it does look rather complex. 

Edited by reanimated35

12 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Yeah but RCTW is Atari. That's the only thing holding my back from it at the moment. 

Atari has been pretty bad, but I just think they've made such good progress lately that I'm being a bit forgiving of the publisher. The only thing that could stop my positive outlook is if the final beta is in a complete shambles.

31 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

The only reason they've made good progress is because everyone took one look at the planned release they were going to use and went GTFO we don't want it. 

That's a good point, although I hope they aren't slowing down since. 

Seeing you seem to be again Atari, what do you think about RCTW? 

Edited by Zanstabar

I don't trust it at all. Atari issues aside, the whole development has seemed somewhat too complex. Between switching teams multiple times and the horribly rated beta weekend, it's not looking very promising. 

PC on the other hand has shown multiple in-game videos and screenshots and just looks so much better and it hasn't even released a beta yet. 

Since I now have a computer that I can game on I am wanting to get back into the theme park game world...  What would people recommend for a great game for a more casual player?  Not really into having to worry too much about the physics and stuff more the making it look well themed and being a good all round game.

RCTW is shit, I own the beta and regret preordering the game. I wish Atari kept the grid system of RCT1-RCT3.

On the other hand, Planet Coaster looks fairly promising and more realistic which is a great thing. I am looking forward to it when it comes out.

With all bias aside, I'm just going to stick to NL2, RCT3 and TPS for my theme park needs.

9 hours ago, Wyncenuros said:

Since I now have a computer that I can game on I am wanting to get back into the theme park game world...  What would people recommend for a great game for a more casual player?  Not really into having to worry too much about the physics and stuff more the making it look well themed and being a good all round game.

At this stage I'd suggest enjoying messing around in RCT3 until these new ones both get released and you can try them out.