Japan - Universal and Fuji Q

FluxZero

So I just came back from a trip to Japan and managed to get to two parks, universal and Fuji Q.

Unfortunately the only day I could get to Fuji Q it was very cold and all the coasters were shut. Totabummer, especiallyly when you travel 2 hours to get there. I supose I should have checked the weather. I did get to ride a flame 4 times in a row and checked out their haunted house/hospital which was interesting. I ended up having four Japanese school girls cowering behind me the whole time which was hhilarious They also have a prison break type atraction which was fun, although I only got through the first stage.

What I would like to know have any of you guys been there and would it be worth visiting again? The coaster did look impressive.

I did manage to get to a a full day at USJ, and had a ball. I was especially imprimpressedh the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The themeing was immaculate. It really captured the essence of the franchise. I have never been to disney but imagine this is how their parks look, or have universal just out done hem?

Also wow Harry Potter and the Forbidden Forest is the most amazing experience. From the theming of the queue to the walk though to the ride itself. I have never been on a dark ride like it. I would be interested for those of you who have ridden it do you feel the same or am I just out of touch with what the new standard is? Is there anything else out there like it? I managed to get two rides that day and could wipe the smile off my face after each ride.

Lastly I also noticed what looks like an interted or flying coaster being built there in the jarassic park secition. Does anyone have any details on what its going to be?

I will post some happy Snaps when I get to a PC

The glasses were fine they never felt like they were going to fall off. They were themed like seekers goggles. My girlfriend wears glasses and she said they were comfortable. 

Keen to have a look at the transformer rattactions now. The mission of practical efeects and 3D screens was a particular highlight. 

Wow Disney themeing is still better. I'll have to check Disney Sea next time I'm over their snowboarding..

The new ride being built in JP section is a B&M Flyer. On TPR they are following construction and the photos people are uploading from it makes it look really incredible. I have heard that with this attraction they will be turning it into a Jurassic World not Jurassic Park.

I have been to USS and their park is just fantastic for such a small plot of land. They have the first Transformers ride built and the ride experience is incredible. I also enjoyed their other coaster like BSG (Tallest dealing coaster which is launched) and their Revenge of the Mummy ride which its theming is really good inside and out.

Edited by Tim Dasco

Fuji-Q is well worth a return visit to ride the coasters. Eejanaika and Takabisha in particular are both excellent. That park has some of the worst operations I've encountered outside of Six Flags America, but it does have some great rides.

Was Space Fantasy open when you visited Universal? That ride is completely bonkers and was the highlight of my visit. Definitely one of those "only in Japan" rides but enjoyable nonetheless. 

As for Harry Potter, the land is beautifully themed but I was underwhelmed by the ride itself - the transitions between the physical sets and the screens aren't as seamless as similar rides like Transformers and Spiderman. I'm not a big fan of the way it tries to retell the first four films in three minutes either, just ends up a bit muddy. The Gringotts ride in Orlando works better as it only tries to tell a "slice" of the bigger story.

For me, Indiana Jones is still the gold standard in dark rides, both the Anaheim and Tokyo versions are brilliant. Definitely visit Disneysea on your next trip, it's probably the most immersive theme park in the world.

On 17/01/2016 at 13:22, aaronm said:

Fuji-Q is well worth a return visit to ride the coasters.

Was Space Fantasy open when you visited Universal?

As for Harry Potter, the land is beautifully themed but I was underwhelmed by the ride itself - the transitions between the physical sets and the screens aren't as seamless as similar rides like Transformers and Spiderman.

Definitely visit Disneysea on your next trip, it's probably the most immersive theme park in the world.

Seems like I will have to head back to Fuji Q. I'll likely do Fuji Q and by the sound ds of it Disney Sea next time I'm over.

Space Fantasy was open. The misses got phyced out my all the motion sickness warnings and the little spining roller coaster car that shows the motion on top of the entrance sign. So I went it alone. I didn't end up finding it too spinny at all. I suppose the park is being cautious. As for the ride totally fun and fluro. Would have gone again if I had time.

I rode harry potter first and then latter jumped on spiderman. I was underwealmed by spiderman. I didn't find the 3D that impressive. And the pratical effects were a little to static for my liking

I would rate harry over Spiderman. Totally get you point about squeezig the story in. At the end of the ride I didn't really get the feeling of story telling just a jumble of different elements.

Fuji-Queue is one of the most daunting challenges in the world of coaster enthusiasm, only one step up from getting a ride on Orphan Rocker. Having a great day where you get a good number of rides is the stuff of legend. I hope you get one of those days when you go back.

Personally, I'm torn on this place. The coasters and Horror Hospital are of great interest to me, but getting a ride on anything sounds super hard - though the fast passes they have now might help.

This one is in Florida, but I'd imagine the one in Japan is similar?

WOW!

Well, this is the standard now Movie World. 

For me to agree that the upcoming new attraction is "Worlds best" it will need to be at least as good as this (and not necessarily Harry Potter themed, but that would be awesome)!

Edited by pushbutton

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Maybe if we get some petitions and start picketing at the gate they'll put the rollercoaster in the dark to keep Push happy..

No way would that keep Push happy.  Even if you stuck it in the biggest ass shed. Even if it was so dark that you couldn’t see your own hand.  Push would not be happy.  Push would say “I wish it didn’t go so fast”,  I wish I had smellavision”,  “I wish it wasn’t so high” and I wish it didn’t have hills”.    

6 hours ago, skeetafly said:

No way would that keep Push happy.  Even if you stuck it in the biggest ass shed. Even if it was so dark that you couldn’t see your own hand.  Push would not be happy.  Push would say “I wish it didn’t go so fast”,  I wish I had smellavision”,  “I wish it wasn’t so high” and I wish it didn’t have hills”.    

BUT if there was a walk-through attraction leading up to the 'dark rollercoaster' then push would be in severe need for a bathroom by the conclusion...