Dreamworld Steam Train

Inverted

Looks awesome, thanks Oceangirl. I'll be down there a bit later in the day. Ashley, it sure does look much better than the toy train that they otherwise now use. Will it ever be running full time again? Not in the near future. It is technically capable though. As Sunlander pointed out, don't believe the story the park gives about it being an older lady and needing more down time due to her age. 

Would it be possible though that they're not running it so frequently in an effort to prolong its life? It is almost 100 years old after all. 

I'll be heading to the park soon. Still at home at the moment as I had to get some stuff done around here first. 

@OceanGirl thank you, but I'm by no means professional. Just someone with a hobby that needs to get out more :P 

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Would it be possible though that they're not running it so frequently in an effort to prolong its life? It is almost 100 years old after all. 

To extend the time until the next major maintenance most likely. Remember how long it was out of service for (and the Perry is still out for).

No off the shelf parts unlike the diesel. 

Edited by red dragin
Reworked

2 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Full credit to @OceanGirl for the lovely photo. 

Hope you don't mind, but I took some of the fog away. 

train.jpg

Not at all, thanks for the compliment! Glad you like it ? Loved the train driver as well, he is apparently the only one who can operate the steam train (as per a discussion we had with him a week or two ago) and you can tell he is passionate about it. I guess it gives him more to do as well than just pushing a button lol ?

This is the only other photo I got. Wanted to go back to get more before we left, but the train was off doing the rounds. Oh well. Next time ?

20160402_114902.jpg

On 31 March 2016 at 7:01 AM, The Sunlander said:

Yes. 20-odd years ago two trains operated.  The carriages running at the present time are the original set from "Day 1" and are exact replicas of the carriages at Disneyland (although running on two foot gauge track instead of three foot.)  The van where the conductor rides is known as "The Motz" (Motzarella van) because of its red/white/green paint scheme.  It houses an axle-driven air compressor for air-braking through the train and an alternator for the public address system and lighting for night running.  The second set of three open carriages - the so-called freight cars - was dispensed with around 20 years ago - one was scrapped, one was donated to Woodford about 8 years ago, and one remains (in poor condition) and resides outside the Trainshed.  It has been used on occasions to transport branches from trees trimmed from line-side, to a point where they can be transferred to truck for disposal. 

Hi,  Don't forget to get a good photo of the Perry under repair there.

@The Sunlander I have to correct your mistake, one of the freight cars was not donated to Woodford 8 years ago, two have been scraped and the only one left is the one that went with the Perry.

7 hours ago, WorldFun said:

@The Sunlander I have to correct your mistake, one of the freight cars was not donated to Woodford 8 years ago, two have been scraped and the only one left is the one that went with the Perry.

Have you looked for one behind the Trainshed?  One was there last time I looked not so long ago.  Negotiations for the one at Woodford started about 8 years ago and yes, sometimes things move slowly.  It did finally go with the Perry.

On 1 March 2016 at 5:56 AM, The Sunlander said:
2 hours ago, The Sunlander said:

Have you looked for one behind the Trainshed?  One was there last time I looked not so long ago.  Negotiations for the one at Woodford started about 8 years ago and yes, sometimes things move slowly.  It did finally go with the Perry.

Maybe it has been some time since you have been and had a look behind the train shed at Dreamworld and from my visits to Woodford I have only ever seen the one freight wagon stored up the back.

On 1 March 2016 at 5:56 AM, The Sunlander said:

As requested. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_145551.jpg

Perry in the shed. The wheels are still off for repairs, the cab has been shifted back to allow the boiler to be lifted & the cow catcher is off to allow for works on the tender for the other loco to be carried out indoors. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_151456.jpg

DR railway carriage. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_151524.jpg

Perry "cow catcher" inside the old DR carriage. 

Can't get the images to work. 

Edited by red dragin

29 minutes ago, red dragin said:

As requested. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_145551.jpg

Perry in the shed. The wheels are still off for repairs, the cab has been shifted back to allow the boiler to be lifted & the cow catcher is off to allow for works on the tender for the other loco to be carried out indoors. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_151456.jpg

DR railway carriage. 

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w231/rcdrags/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160403_151524.jpg

Perry "cow catcher" inside the old DR carriage. 

Can't get the images to work. 

IMG_20160403_145551.jpgIMG_20160403_151456.jpgIMG_20160403_151524.jpg