Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

WWF effects overhaul gets me excited. It's the best themed ride in the country and deserves a bit of a refurb.

Really hoping the admittedly lame explosion on the bridge is re-thought, as well as more stuff added in dodge city.

As for the new 'thrill ride', the high capacity part gets a big thumbs up from me.

I have a new idea of what this could be.  I really have no idea but from I have seen on the web in a few places this sort of jumps at me. 

I remember back in around 2005 their where talks of a Soarin' Over California type clone within this area. 

A simulator. 

So yea that’s all I got.  (Skeet hears the crickets)

No I'm not. I gave my reasoning for such ride a number of pages back based on what leaked info we have heard, the price, location, size, etc. maybe you just glossed over it? 

Im pretty confident that the reasoning is sound, and I've never changed my opinion through the whole course of "what's happening", even when everyone was speculating what coaster it was going to be and suggesting the show stage was going to be wiped out. I always had a different opinion that it was going to be a flat ride and I posted its exact name a couple of weeks ago when the post was deleted to keep the guessing game going. Go back and check for yourself. :)

if you doubt my conviction im willing to put up $100 against it. When I win I'll donate your money to charity :D

Edited by Levithian

1 hour ago, Levithian said:

Look it up on intamin. Not like the claw, two opposing arms that loop up and over. I posted a link to one in k.l. Look for Kuala Lumpur space attack on YouTube.

My mistake... 

I can see it will absorb quite a decent crowd, it's doesn't appear to be overly exciting though. 

Maybe it could be an altered version of sorts. Like with Green Lantern Doubling the capacity of an El Loco (not that it came with its own problems). Perhaps Movie World have asked for some sort of new element making it less boring looking, because out of the box it looks a bit average.

There is also the possibility intamin has a new type of ride all together planed altogether. For the “World Class” branding I would expect it to be something amazing. Having said that “Worlds first” was never quoted so perhaps the theming will play a large role in the experience?

No I'm not. I gave my reasoning for such ride a number of pages back based on what leaked info we have heard, the price, location, size, etc. maybe you just glossed over it? 

Im pretty confident that the reasoning is sound, and I've never changed my opinion through the whole course of "what's happening", even when everyone was speculating what coaster it was going to be and suggesting the show stage was going to be wiped out. I always had a different opinion that it was going to be a flat ride and I posted its exact name a couple of weeks ago when the post was deleted to keep the guessing game going. Go back and check for yourself. :)

if you doubt my conviction im willing to put up $100 against it. When I win I'll donate your money to charity :D

Sorry but Skeet don’t skip.  Everyone was not speculating that the sound stage would be removed.  Some people did but not everyone.  Village form in the past shows they do not remove the large sheds. 

I have been around long enough to know that 99.9% of first timer posters are incorrect.  You’re assuming the new ride to be a thrill ride when it could be a Ferris wheel.  I don’t doubt your conviction but I still say you’re playing Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.  The ride manufacture have a lot of rides that have the same capability. 

I can’t find a ride that is called a loop swing but I think you are talking about the Suspended Twin Hammer.  I’m not saying you’re wrong but if everybody names one ride then somebody will be right.  My layout of my text is not on purpose.  I have no idea how to type.  I never give money to charity.  Dude skeet is not saying your wrong I don't care about that.  Skeet saying you guessing.   If someone knows the answer, this could be a easy 100 to make.

Edited by skeetafly

19 minutes ago, JacobSibbald said:

I'm with skeet, the ride you're talking about is comparable to travelling rides. Nothing revolutionary.

I didn't even think of that.

see @Richardthis is why we need you to add in a quick poll.

Skeets quick pole

On previous form. Who is more likely to install the next spin and spew ride?

Dreamworld

Movie World

Who gives a F

Edited by skeetafly

1 hour ago, skeetafly said:

Cu

Sorry but Skeet don’t skip.  Everyone was not speculating that the sound stage would be removed.  Some people did but not everyone.  Village form in the past shows they do not remove the large sheds. 

I have been around long enough to know that 99.9% of first timer posters are incorrect.  You’re assuming the new ride to be a thrill ride when it could be a Ferris wheel.  I don’t doubt your conviction but I still say you’re playing Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.  The ride manufacture have a lot of rides that have the same capability. 

I can’t find a ride that is called a loop swing but I think you are talking about the Suspended Twin Hammer.  I’m not saying you’re wrong but if everybody names one ride then somebody will be right.  My layout of my text is not on purpose.  I have no idea how to type.  I never give money to charity.  Dude skeet is not saying your wrong I don't care about that.  Skeet saying you guessing.   If someone knows the answer, this could be a easy 100 to make.

No im not. We had leaked info based on existing manufacturer, capacity and flat ride as the qualities the new ride will posses. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to go back and read what I posted, why do you keep replying with the same thing saying I just randomly chose one manufacturer and one ride? For starters, I discounted all the other manufacturers they have had dealings with but for zamperla and intamin. I didn't just pick one.

Most of the others were excluded because the ride offerings were either too small, or were coasters in various forms. That left zamperla and intamin. I listed a few zamperla rides I thought might be possibilities, but a great deal of the catalogue is excluded because it would be just like copying dreamworld. That's simply not going to happen, pretty much ever, so the few remaining choices I said were credible, but perhaps a bit too low tech/old looking. I thought about a lot of intamin offerings too and came up with spinning star and a double hammer as two good candidates. The spinning star can be built really tall, but it's kind of a viewer not really a thrill ride. Plus as I said before, it's kind of the wrong spot for that type of ride as you don't have much to view or interact with. It's kind of like a different take on a Ferris wheel or a tower, not a thrilling ride. You'd want to place it anywhere you can maximise the appeal of your park and the western area isn't the place for one.

that left me with the double hammer which ticked all the boxes and it's what I have stuck with for a number of months now. Besides, why are you just assuming I'm basing all this on wild speculation? If you think anything I've said in the past way off mark or completely baseless, go ahead and find what I said and call me on it. :)

ohh and, as for the buzz about worlds best, etc. like I said a few weeks back, flat ride, park developments, then the coaster everyone is speculating about. That'll live up to expectation of worlds best, greatest, amazing, or whatever other adjectives they want to use if the project doesn't get canned and we are left without a second ride :(

This one? Not so much. Probably the sort of ride the park really needs, rather than the super attraction lots of people want. High capacity, people generally love being spun upside down, fairly compact and it's not going to smash the budget given everything else they seem to have planned.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic