Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

Some more info -

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/movie-world-signs-up-super-villains-20160223-gn1r7y.html

"Each of the villains will have their own little streetscape, and you will be able to interact with those villains in all different ways," he said.

"The second element of the attraction is the ride itself, which is called the doomsday destroyer; it is a huge looping attraction. Its over 20 metres high, very high speed, very high thrill, they'll be parts of the ride where you're completely inverted so it's a very exciting attraction for us." 

Height matches both suggested types.

Edited by westical

1 hour ago, JacobSibbald said:

Sounding more and more like the suspended twin hammer.

Sounds more like the Buzzsaw to me. Is there even a minute chance that this could be the new rollercoaster and its a similar design to DW's one? But maybe of a more major scale? Just a thought. And a prayer I guess, since I really hope its not this bloody suspended twin hammer carnival ride that everyone keeps referring to lol.

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

With WWF having an extended down time this winter and a repaint of the mountain.

Wonder if they retheme this whole ride...

Maybe Mr Freeze mountain?  Close to the new villain area

after all  MW could do with more DC ride :/

That would warrant removing the whole Western area (or what's left of it), and re-theming a significant part of the park (WWF through to SDSC/Harry's).

I wouldn't put it past MovieDC World.

[EDIT - WWF change is unlikely, why did they go to the trouble of moving the gravestones to the are between the Stage Show building & WWF before the demolition?]

Edited by Glubbo

20 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Sounds more like the Buzzsaw to me. Is there even a minute chance that this could be the new rollercoaster and its a similar design to DW's one? But maybe of a more major scale? Just a thought. And a prayer I guess, since I really hope its not this bloody suspended twin hammer carnival ride that everyone keeps referring to lol.

An extended Maurer Söhne SkyLoop occured to me today as well, but there's not that much room for one in the footprint already established for the works.

I think the whole western area will be extended through that smoking area beside WWF for the new coaster. As much as I'd like to see a woodie I wouldn't mind seeing a Verbolten style coaster incorporating the show stage. I know the 2nd idea doesn't really fit the western theme but it's a family ride which is still thrilling. 

As for the Doomsday ride... I know Intamin has been thrown around a lot but aride that I personally wouldn't be too disappointed to see would be the HUSS Jump2.

True. But you never know. It's anyone's guess atm! 

I could be reading into things too much here, but this also got me thinking, from the article Westical quoted above..

"... they'll be parts of the ride where you're completely inverted... "

Notice 'parts' is a plural, which obviously means more than one. You'd consider a ride like the Twin Hammer or the other circlular coaster suggested earlier to have ONE part of the ride that is inverted, that obviously being the top part. So this might be a clue to it actually being something different, if it features more than one inversion? 

Once again, could be reading into things, but also it could very well be a clue of sort. Unless the dude who said it was just misquoted. Will keep speculating lol ?

7 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

"... they'll be parts of the ride where you're completely inverted... "

Notice 'parts' is a plural, which obviously means more than one. You'd consider a ride like the Twin Hammer or the other circlular coaster suggested earlier to have ONE part of the ride that is inverted, that obviously being the top part. So this might be a clue to it actually being something different, if it features more than one inversion? 

Read it as parts of the ride cycle. So during the entire cycle of the ride, there are 'parts' of that cycle where you will be inverted. 

I just realised something potentially good about this new area.

If the cleared area is becoming the supervillain world, then maybe they'll open up a path between Arkham and the new area, since Arkham is supervillain themed too. That could actually work pretty well, although scooby would still be in the way unless a path goes behind the scooby building.

17 hours ago, JacobSibbald said:

Seems like the Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer is more and more likely. Not impressed by any means and I'm also not too sure of whether it truly is a much needed filler given we have similar rides travelling around Australia and more permanent variations at both Luna Parks.

Regardless of what travels around the country - the ride is still a much needed filler for this park. Filler attractions are by definition - to fill space. they don't all have to be unique one of a kind thrill rides...

16 hours ago, Glubbo said:

So with Doomsday and the 'mega' coaster, no sign of family-orientated rides out of VRDCW for a few years?

Sooo: Family? "Go to Sea World." (Or Dreamworld)

Personally I'm keen on the coaster (and Doomsday if NOT just a carnival ride).

13 hours ago, Troy81 said:

Looks like another ride for the thrill seekers and nothing for the families.  Don't get me wrong, I am excited for a new ride regardless of its theming.  However, it seems the families are forgotten again.  With Doomsday and then the Rollercoaster it really looks like nothing is happening for the juniors.  Movie DC World are changing their market demographic, which the competition down the road will start cashing in on.

Seriously guys? We're going to bitch about them not putting in a family attraction when literally the last thing they did in every park  was a junior attraction???

• Movie World installed Junior Driving School
  • Sea World rebuilt Nickelodeon Land and installed several new rides
  • Wet N Wild installed WnW Jr.

We can't expect them to do multiple attractions in the same year. The CapEx budget just doesn't stretch that far.

Just goes to show (as we've said here before) it doesn't matter what the parks do - people are always going to find reasons to complain.

24 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I just realised something potentially good about this new area.

If the cleared area is becoming the supervillain world, then maybe they'll open up a path between Arkham and the new area, since Arkham is supervillain themed too. That could actually work pretty well, although scooby would still be in the way unless a path goes behind the scooby building.

Do you even read the thread before commenting?

18 hours ago, AlexB said:

One hopes that, with the establishment of a super-villain area, and the existence of a super-villain ride (Arkham) already, that they will eventually link the two areas together with a path, precinct or attraction that stretches from showstage, behind scooby to the Arkham courtyard. The 2017 coaster could potentially do just that...

16 hours ago, Glubbo said:

So, they're going to link AA to this area somehow? Walkway around behind SDSC? Maybe the new Coaster is DC Villain andthe station is Show Stage/behind SDSC and leads out to the front of the park as reanimated said last year? Somehow travels over/through AA, SE and JL out to the swamp out front?

[EDIT]

Ha Ha, I should finish reading threads before posting. AlexB and I have the same thoughts on this.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Seriously guys? We're going to bitch about them not putting in a family attraction when literally the last thing they did in every park  was a junior attraction???

Family: designed to be suitable for children as well as adults.

Junior: for or denoting young or younger people.

Page 13 of todays Courier Mail quotes General Manager Greg Yong as saying that The Doomsday Destroyer will be a "monsterous looping ride like nothing else ever seen at Movie World".

To me this sounds like the earlier quote of "World Best theme park attraction" might have been a misquote of the same line. There's a massive difference obviously. 

20160224_100214.jpg

2 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Page 13 of todays Courier Mail quotes General Manager Greg Yong as saying that The Doomsday Destroyer will be a "monsterous looping ride like nothing else ever seen at Movie World".

To me this sounds like the earlier quote of "World Best theme park attraction" might have been a misquote of the same line. There's a massive difference obviously. 

20160224_100214.jpg

@pushbutton I don't believe "World Best theme park attraction" was talking about this addition. 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic