Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

It's an Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer. No fan of the media's shoddy reporting, but do you honestly think they went and dug up footage of an obscure flat ride in Malaysia of their own choosing?

To be honest, what do we expect from the media? I personally don't expect the Gold Coast Bulletin to write "Movie World gets brand new Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer".

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

Sometimes I feel these discussions go around in circles...

Circles? Why not monstrous loops?

Honestly, after some thought, I think I'm a little bit excited for this themed area. While I am disappointed that so much of the physical area of the park is going to be themed after DC, I coming to terms with it and I'm slowly thinking that they're going to absolutely nail it.

On that note, do we have any clue how they are actually going to theme this ride, if at all? If we just get a Twin Hammer plonked in the middle of the park I'll be disappointed, but if we get something to a similar standard to the Wipeout then I'll be very happy. 

Edited by Zanstabar

@Richard

Yesterday you did not say what it was.  Why would we not speculate what it was until it was confirmed?  You said yesterday "Intamin has been a hotly speculated manufacturer" and "No details other than its mouthful of a name are known at this stage" You did not say this was the ride.  Do you want us to go of Gold Coast Bulletin for our news source instead?  I've be waiting to get this confirmed from somebody on this site who has a good reputation and not someone who just joins and says crap which turns out to be bullshit.

If it can be reasonably deduced from the publicly available information then I'm happy to help people join the dots; in this case we have a confirmed 21 metre tall looping ride and stock footage of an Intamin Suspended Twin Hammer.

I've got no real interest in seeking out insider gossip and coming out guns blazing with scoops and reveals... but if you're inclined to read between the lines on most of the articles I put together, you'll probably realise that I seldom actually speculate or lend credence to rumours.

Seems this is going to go the way of the recent Dreamworld construction where everyone made up their minds on whether they liked it or not before it was even finished (or started in this case). 

And yes as was previously stated I highly doubt this was what was referred to with the "world's best" statement. So perhaps stay tuned...

Seeming as we are talking about all of this stuff about the 'worlds best' attraction, which I believe is not this and will be a new rollercoaster addition, I thought that it could still be western themed. The idea is that the red area in the diagram is the DC area with the villains. There will be no access to the show stage from the red area and the show stage will have nothing to do with DC. The blue area is the area for the new rollercoaster, with the queue and possibly a dark ride section housed in the show building. The green arrow is the entrance from the Western themed area into the queue for the new Western themed ride. Obviously this is complete speculation, and originally in my mind I assumed the entrance to the new rollercoaster would be from the DC themed area but then I realised that doesn't have to be the case at all. This is just an idea of how the new rollercoaster could be 'non' DC themed whilst still utilising the show stage. Obviously we know nothing at the moment and the new rollercoaster might never even happen or it may end up on the other side of the park.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.47.24 AM.png

@Richard

I really don't get what you are saying here.  You say "Sometimes I feel these discussions go around in circles..." then you tell us to read between the lines.   "But if you're inclined to read between the lines on most of the articles."

You gave us 2 possibilities.

"Intamin has been a hotly speculated manufacturer" and showing us a video

"The Joker Chaos Coaster at Six Flags Over Georgia is another great example of a DC Comics villain themed ride that could be described as monstrous looping... or a looping monstrosity.: and showing a video.

You directed the discussion to go round and round by giving us 2 options.

I'm not having a dig at you, as I said, Skeet is just confused.

21 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

@Richard

I really don't get what you are saying here.  You say "Sometimes I feel these discussions go around in circles..." then you tell us to read between the lines.   "But if you're inclined to read between the lines on most of the articles."

You gave us 2 possibilities.

"Intamin has been a hotly speculated manufacturer" and showing us a video

"The Joker Chaos Coaster at Six Flags Over Georgia is another great example of a DC Comics villain themed ride that could be described as monstrous looping... or a looping monstrosity.: and showing a video.

I'm not having a dig at you, as I said, Skeet is just confused.

Exactly my thoughts too. I'd like your post to show my agreement Skeet, but I've apparently reached my limit of 10 likes per day lol. All anyone can do right now is speculate, which is exactly what we are doing. If anyone has concluded that they know exactly what's going in based on what evidence there is (media not included) then that's great. But I like to keep my options open until there is official confirmation. 

Am at MW right now, the dividers around the new area are pretty tightly sealed. Stood on a box to see over it and yeh, not really much to see atm. Just flattened land and a couple of shovels still at it around the old Santa house. 

Edited by OceanGirl

23 minutes ago, Linus1995 said:

Seeming as we are talking about all of this stuff about the 'worlds best' attraction, which I believe is not this and will be a new rollercoaster addition, I thought that it could still be western themed. The idea is that the red area in the diagram is the DC area with the villains. There will be no access to the show stage from the red area and the show stage will have nothing to do with DC. The blue area is the area for the new rollercoaster, with the queue and possibly a dark ride section housed in the show building. The green arrow is the entrance from the Western themed area into the queue for the new Western themed ride. Obviously this is complete speculation, and originally in my mind I assumed the entrance to the new rollercoaster would be from the DC themed area but then I realised that doesn't have to be the case at all. This is just an idea of how the new rollercoaster could be 'non' DC themed whilst still utilising the show stage. Obviously we know nothing at the moment and the new rollercoaster might never even happen or it may end up on the other side of the park.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.47.24 AM.png

I'm not so sure thats the best idea - TBH if the old boot hill is going to be DC Villains, I can see a very well put together DC "good guy vs bad guy" stage show being put on in show stage. It would be easy (the universe exists and the backstories are solid) - a solid stunt type show - ala Action Man would fit perfectly.

TBH - I hope they DO use Show Stage for this purpose.

Ok, grain of salt here, but have just had a chat with an employee who seemed very confident to know what's going on. Apparently yes, it's a newer version of a suspended twin hammer where apparently "the carriages spin around as well". He said the stage show building is being demolished. The coaster is aiming for a 2018 opening. There will be a shop opening selling DC villan themed merchandise (surprise surprise) and he doesn't know if they will connect the area up behind AA or not. Pretty sure he said a September opening for the new ride, even though we already knew that.

Trying to remember what else he said, but yeah, that's what I remember off the top of my head. It was a pretty lengthy discussion as its a quiet day here at MW lol ?

20160224_112743.thumb.jpg.29bbb2b2da7626

20160224_112745.thumb.jpg.b9f3e3cc539847

35 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Exactly my thoughts too. I'd like your post to show my agreement Skeet, but I've apparently reached my limit of 10 likes per day lol. All anyone can do right now is speculate, which is exactly what we are doing. If anyone has concluded that they know exactly what's going in based on what evidence there is (media not included) then that's great. But I like to keep my options open until there is official confirmation. 

Am at MW right now, the dividers around the new area are pretty tightly sealed. Stood on a box to see over it and yeh, not really much to see atm. Just flattened land and a couple of shovels still at it around the old Santa house. 

Oh no.  I wish I could get that like. :P

I wish I could do a Not Like.

Edited by skeetafly

1 hour ago, skeetafly said:

I called the other one a looping monstrosity. It's a joke of a ride in every sense. (There's like... three puns in that sentence.)

From now on, articles will use the following tags:

[joke] Movie World is definitely building a Superloop. [/joke]
[sarcasm] Because they are such great rides. [/sarcasm]
[hint] RCDB is pretty accurate. [/hint]
[redherring] Look at these air conditioning repair men. [/redherring]

51 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

I'd like your post to show my agreement Skeet, but I've apparently reached my limit of 10 likes per day lol.

Honestly no idea why the default limit would be 10 per day. It's now unlimited... feel free to like every post you want.

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

From now on, articles will use the following tags:

[joke] Movie World is definitely building a Superloop. [/joke]
[sarcasm] Because they are such good rides. [/sarcasm]
[hint] RCDB is pretty accurate. [/hint]
[redherring] Look at these air conditioning repair men. [/redherring]

Thanks Richard.  I have just printed it twice.  One wallet size and one that sits on my desk at work so I always have a reference to go by.

IMG_1202.thumb.JPG.c3590eaa341a2c89310c4

54 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Ok, grain of salt here, but have just had a chat with an employee who seemed very confident to know what's going on. Apparently yes, it's a newer version of a suspended twin hammer where apparently "the carriages spin around as well". He said the stage show building is being demolished. The coaster is aiming for a 2018 opening. There will be a shop opening selling DC villan themed merchandise (surprise surprise) and he doesn't know if they will connect the area up behind AA or not. Pretty sure he said a September opening for the new ride, even though we already knew that.

Trying to remember what else he said, but yeah, that's what I remember off the top of my head. It was a pretty lengthy discussion as its a quiet day here at MW lol ?

20160224_112743.thumb.jpg.29bbb2b2da7626

20160224_112745.thumb.jpg.b9f3e3cc539847

Nice work Scoop!

2018 opening.. Seems a drawn out development given the approval went before council last year. If true, I'm hoping that means it truely is a massive development, maybe we are getting a World's best after all.

no so keen on the show stage demolition, and somewhat dubious about that info from whoever you spoke to. As Alex stated, I can think of no better idea that utilising that for a permanent DC superheroes vs villains permanent show. It executed well it would be amazing, extremely popular and a great crowd soaker twice a day 

1 hour ago, OceanGirl said:

Apparently yes, it's a newer version of a suspended twin hammer where apparently "the carriages spin around as well".

This would eliminate the issue of similar rides being decades old and bring it further into the 21st century. If this is true, it would be a good addition to the park.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic