Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

The parks in Australia (and in general) take trade secrets very seriously. Those of us who might know something in advance aren't about to destroy our working relationship or in some cases risk being fired by breaking an employee NDA just for some gossip. I'd much rather be able to have the opportunities i'm afforded to make great content and even be actually appreciated by the parks then go back five-ten years ago when the parks frowned on our insanely obsessive, dramatic niche community. The parks (from day to day staff to management) read the forums and people have been fired before for matters like this and so no one, myself included, just aren't going to come out and openly say what we know. In saying that, if you've been reading these forums for a while, it's easy to spot who's a reputable source and who's not, so if someone reputable says something like "I think they'll really twin hammer the such and such" you should pay attention.

With all this in mind, when the trusted sources that have been around for years (Parkz especially) all but confirm an attraction in an article or it pops up on a source like RCDB that's been around for decades, let me tell you, it's probably going to be that attraction. This hasn't been the first time Parkz called an attraction subtlety in advance either.

I'm all for speculation, it's part of the fun, but there comes a point when channel 9 literally show footage of a specific ride when  you can safely say the ride type is confirmed and anymore speculation is redundant. Food for thought, how do you propose Channel 9 decide to show specific footage of a specific ride if they get the same press release as everyone else?

Edited by Slick

1 hour ago, Richard said:

IHonestly no idea why the default limit would be 10 per day. It's now unlimited... feel free to like every post you want.

Haha @Richard, you just earnt yourself a like :lol: Thanks for that :P

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Nice work Scoop!

2018 opening.. Seems a drawn out development given the approval went before council last year. If true, I'm hoping that means it truely is a massive development, maybe we are getting a World's best after all.

no so keen on the show stage demolition, and somewhat dubious about that info from whoever you spoke to. As Alex stated, I can think of no better idea that utilising that for a permanent DC superheroes vs villains permanent show. It executed well it would be amazing, extremely popular and a great crowd soaker twice a day 

Yeah, he said they were getting rid of it because it hasn't been used for so long and they don't have any future plans to utilise it... I said that was a shame if that is true, as shows absorb large portions of crowd on busy days. Heaven knows that's one aspect that MW really need to work on atm! But yeah, obviously this is just staff hear/say, so I wouldn't take it too seriously, despite the fact he did appear to know what he was talking about. I guess we shall have to wait and see....

25 minutes ago, Slick said:

Food for thought, how do you propose Channel 9 decide to show specific footage of a specific ride if they get the same press release as everyone else?

Uhm.... they googled "monstrous looping ride" and went with the first result that came up? :P Or maybe they keep a close eye on what we discuss/speculate on here lol :D

Edited by OceanGirl

53 minutes ago, Slick said:

The parks in Australia (and in general) take trade secrets very seriously. Those of us who might know something in advance aren't about to destroy our working relationship or in some cases risk being fired by breaking an employee NDA just for some gossip. I'd much rather be able to have the opportunities i'm afforded to make great content and even be actually appreciated by the parks then go back five-ten years ago when the parks frowned on our insanely obsessive, dramatic niche community. The parks (from day to day staff to management) read the forums and people have been fired before for matters like this and so no one, myself included, just aren't going to come out and openly say what we know. In saying that, if you've been reading these forums for a while, it's easy to spot who's a reputable source and who's not, so if someone reputable says something like "I think they'll really twin hammer the such and such" you should pay attention.

With all this in mind, when the trusted sources that have been around for years (Parkz especially) all but confirm an attraction in an article or it pops up on a source like RCDB that's been around for decades, let me tell you, it's probably going to be that attraction. This hasn't been the first time Parkz called an attraction subtlety in advance either.

I'm all for speculation, it's part of the fun, but there comes a point when channel 9 literally show footage of a specific ride when  you can safely say the ride type is confirmed and anymore speculation is redundant. Food for thought, how do you propose Channel 9 decide to show specific footage of a specific ride if they get the same press release as everyone else?

I’m not asking anyone to risk their jobs. 

This working relationship between Parkz and the Australian parks is something I have never got my head around.  In my eyes I see it more as a one way relationship.

In Skeets words now:  It’s like a teenage boy who likes a girl.  This boy does everything for this girl, thinking that one day he will get the pudding.  Young man is led to believe that day has arrived so he goes to see the young lady only to find the shop is closed and when it when opens again she no longer has pudding.

You have this guy that runs around the parks like a chicken with no head (The Theme Park Social Network).  Who is at the same reveal as Parkz.  Am I lead to believe that a headless chicken has the same relationship.  I would call this more Richard showing the parks courtesy.  Anyway that is not for me to talk about.

Back to the topic I go.

Edited by skeetafly

44 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Ah the good old staff member that just happened to be in the park, just happened to know all the plans and just happened to feel like blabbing everything to a punter. 

Well he did pretty much confirm what everyone else here has been speculating ie. the Twin Hammer ride. I didnt even bring it up, it's just what he described. So he deserves as much credibility as anyone else here, if not a little more since he does work at the park and hears info as it is released :)

Edited by OceanGirl

19 minutes ago, bladex said:

so that hammer thing spins and the carriages spin as well. zomg sounds like or would be a similar experience to the zipper i hated that thing. it's the only ride that has ever made my close to spewing afterwards..

Sounds to me more like Submission.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

No matter what the ride is - or any future one for that matter - it will spread the crowds and for that, we should all be thankful.

I agree - even if it isn't something amazing, it's a high-capacity flat ride and that's what MW needs to space the crowds out.

Jesus when did this become a pissing contest?

It's a double hammer ride.  Not a Star flyer, not a roller coaster (regardless of what channel 9 call it), not a dark ride, not anything else, just in case anyone didn't get the memo.  Most of the budget is going to themeing, and this isn't the 'World's best' thing they were talking about.  We obviously can't know what that is, but rcdb.com maybe gives some clue as to what that is, given their reliable nature, and remember they're unlikley to say 'World top 50', particularly when you're justifying the installation of a properly expensive grown up ride.

I think most of us are pleased to see MW adding a flat ride as it's what the majority of us have said for a long time is most needed, even though many of us are not flat ride fans! Strategically, it makes sense. MW struggles with DW in terms of being considered a full-day park by the punters. This should help a little bit. The choice to go with DC is disappointing; however, the fact that they are claiming it will be immersive is promising. A bad theme choice well done is still OK with me. This new ride/area becomes even more positive in my view if the rumored major coaster does end up materialising. MW would be truly something special then. Fingers crossed.

I wonder if the news segment used the same link to the space attack that I linked to weeks ago? Hahaha. 

i can't believe you guys are still debating that anything is happening with the show stage, either being repurposed or removed to fit in a roller coaster. If they were planning on pulling it down it would have happened when they had heavy machinery and trucks in the area. Besides, Honestly, it, and the land behind it isn't that big an area. We would just end up with another compact coaster like arkham. The insider info dmh posted the other day about a big coaster is the most likely world best thing referenced by movieworld before. Despite posting it'll go to paradise country, I reckon the rest of the info is credible, but it is meant to be outback spectacular not paradise country. That'll make for a massive coaster, I'd be thinking in the realm of maybe 2.30-3.00 minutes ride time, maybe somewhere 2500m (ish) long? Maybe expecting a lift hill a good 50-60m tall? That would be pretty spectacular out the front of the park, rising out from the trees around the swamp.

Here's a bit of gossip for you, the park and studios are about to be completely divided and fenced off. Apparently it's partly due to security required for the next couple of productions, but also to do with the commonwealth games. With fencing going in, apparently going to have more buildings erected behind the show stage / Wild West area to accomodate things behind displaced, also a possible location for fright nights if the studios can no longer be utilised due to the segregation. Fencing is going up now apparently, starts just behind arkham at the back of the film school and heads up through the production/build sheds at the back of the park.

if it's true about the buildings going in, it ends any speculation about a coaster going in the area.

Edited by Levithian

1 hour ago, Levithian said:

[snip]

Here's a bit of gossip for you, the park and studios are about to be completely divided and fenced off. Apparently it's partly due to security required for the next couple of productions, but also to do with the commonwealth games. With fencing going in, apparently going to have more buildings erected behind the show stage / Wild West area to accomodate things behind displaced, also a possible location for fright nights if the studios can no longer be utilised due to the segregation. Fencing is going up now apparently, starts just behind arkham at the back of the film school and heads up through the production/build sheds at the back of the park.

if it's true about the buildings going in, it ends any speculation about a coaster going in the area.

The next Thor movie will be filmed there, from memory. Makes sense wanting more security for filming a Blockbuster.

Means the new ride entry moves back to the GL/JL area? Making 1 ride for the Western area, and 1 ride for the DC Villain area? Hmm..<_<

1 hour ago, skeetafly said:

So @Levithian How long have you been working at MW?

I got the info about fences from a friend who is at the academy. Not too happy that they are losing their shady spot. I reckon they are just upset they can't sneak into the park anymore.:D

Edit: it seems more a permanent thing, even some of the buildings will be cut off apparently. She told me they actually put posts for the fencing right through one of the roads.

Edited by Levithian

2 hours ago, Levithian said:

If they were planning on pulling it down it would have happened when they had heavy machinery and trucks in the area.

For all we know though, the should stage may stay for now, but might not be pulled down until the construction for the coaster begins, if that is where the coaster is going.

where do you propose to put a big expansive track that doesn't just make it seem like another arkham asylum? Even if the info about buildings is rubbish and they don't take up the space, it can't be more than a few meters from the show stage building back to Wild West. That viewing area looks mighty close to the drop. How much space is there really between wild west and Scooby Doo without removing site access or emergency paths out of the area?

if it's supposed to be a world best,  I can't see it being tight and compact. You'd have to go big to even stand a chance of being considered one of the worlds best wouldn't you? It sounds like it's going to be a landmark attraction, so you would normally at least be able to see it when you arrive. Miss out on that visual appeal. That's why I reckon dmh's post is credible. It backs up what others have suggested. Even if I didn't think it could fit a station in the land next to green lantern. It looks barely a strip of grass wide enough to park your car on, but it does look like a great area for a coaster. Especially if they can build it so it traverses the water. Imagine how awesome a flying coaster would be over that?

Edited by Levithian

1 hour ago, Levithian said:

if it's supposed to be a world best,  I can't see it being tight and compact. You'd have to go big to even stand a chance of being considered one of the worlds best wouldn't you? It sounds like it's going to be a landmark attraction, so you would normally at least be able to see it when you arrive. Miss out on that visual appeal. That's why I reckon dmh's post is credible. It backs up what others have suggested. Even if I didn't think it could fit a station in the land next to green lantern. It looks barely a strip of grass wide enough to park your car on, but it does look like a great area for a coaster. Especially if they can build it so it traverses the water. Imagine how awesome a flying coaster would be over that?

Tbh I'm hoping it will be something that will be on the scale of the Thunderbolt in regards to significance. Yeah, she was a rough coaster, but man, it went for what... 3 minutes? And had two massive loops. It was definitely an impressive coaster on the coast in its day, being the biggest and longest one around. It helped to put Dreamworld on the map as its signature coaster. 

So something for MW that is as significant as TB was for DW, if not even bigger and better, would be bloody awesome in my books :) 

Edited by OceanGirl

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic