Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

That would be cool if movie world puts their new carnival ride in sort of a trench. Maybe they could put it right underground and put a decent ride on top of it LOL. Or enclose it so Push gets his dark ride (sorry Push, just stirring).

I think we need to start speculating if those Intamin guys will be hanging around after October to build something we might care about a little more.

If it were western themed, one could suggest the 'hammers' were 'diggers' ( @OceanGirl's kids would love it!) that were doing some dastardly work in the wild west...

But as we've obliterated the western theme, and we're definitely sticking with DC Villains, I'd say the trench is for the footings (footers? the debate continues) for the ride. Looking at pictures of other twin hammers, the base of the ride would need to withstand some pretty gnarly forces - so a big hole will be filled by a big column. (Ok, I really couldn't think of a better term to keep the double entendre going.... @Slick any ideas?)

Have you seen the size of @OceanGirls hole.

If they really needed a footing that big then concrete piles would be a cheaper way to go.  I looked at the promo video and it looks like the loading area is cut into the ground.  A bit like the claw but without the flapping floor.  If I was you I would just go with AlexB answer.

Edited by skeetafly

Not sure if someones already done this (you filled 4 pages with posts in 10 hours) but what if the villians posted in the announcement was a lead onto future attractions?

Theres Grodd whose currently appearing in Flash

Same with Captain Cold ( and Heatwave)

Youve got Killer Croc, Harley , and the Joker appearing in Suicide Squad

Lex in BvS

Sinestro who appeared in Green Lantern

Plus Scarecrow whose been at the centre of the Arkham games and batman begins. 

So unless theyre using currently appearing characters for marketing (doesnt explain the 2 i missed seeing as i cant remember their names) maybe its a hint at whats to come? The area could get a Scarecrow makeover for HFN.

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

(Ok, I really couldn't think of a better term to keep the double entendre going.... @Slick any ideas?)

Whatever they erect in that hole, I hope it lasts the distance.

Bonus joke? What did the kiwi coaster enthusiast put on their Tinder profile? They were really intamin.

In-ta-min.

Edited by Slick

11 hours ago, AlexB said:

If it were western themed, one could suggest the 'hammers' were 'diggers' ( @OceanGirl's kids would love it!) that were doing some dastardly work in the wild west...

But as we've obliterated the western theme, and we're definitely sticking with DC Villains, I'd say the trench is for the footings (footers? the debate continues) for the ride. Looking at pictures of other twin hammers, the base of the ride would need to withstand some pretty gnarly forces - so a big hole will be filled by a big column. (Ok, I really couldn't think of a better term to keep the double entendre going.... @Slick any ideas?)

It would have to be a pretty big gaping wide hole if you're going to get a whole foot..er in there. Whatever erection they need to create for the ride will need to be something that be sustained for a very long period. When you think about all the forces of the ride, they'll have to penetrate the ground pretty deep so it can provide the required level of enjoyment to visitors. No one wants a flaccid hammer after all. 

5 hours ago, Slick said:

Whatever they erect in that hole, I hope it lasts the distance.

Bonus joke? What did the kiwi coaster enthusiast put on their Tinder profile? They were really intamin.

In-ta-min.

I thought you went on Grindr if you were In-ta-min (and a guy, not that there's anything wrong with that).

Hopefully they get a couple of other carnie rides to complement the main carnie ride, make it a threesome.

I don't think it's been brought up on here yet but I was there yesterday and noticed a couple of things in storage behind WWF. As you go past the tents you can see a couple of things behind the facades of the village briefly. Not sure if its related to the new area or not but it's worth a look if you're at the parks anytime soon.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic