Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1 hour ago, gumb00t said:

So, I'm new here... So shoot me if u have to. But speaking of the batwing, is it undergoing maintenance or something more exciting ? Was there on Sunday and saw the fencing up around it. 

Firstly - welcome to the forums.

I'd like to say nobody is going to shoot you, but at some stage they'll probably try.

If I can make a suggestion though - planned maintenance can usually be found on the park's website

(in this case here )

Generally, it's a good idea to check the park website as it should usually be found to be the single source of truth.

There is also a 'maintenance' thread where the park's annual maintenance schedule has been posted.

As the guys have already mentioned though -

Batwing Spaceshot

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Saturday the 22nd of February 2016 until Monday the 28th of March 2016.

Out of curiosity, do we know if the extended periods of maintenance for Superman Escape are caused by this new development? 

Going down for a total of 70+ days seems quite odd, and the only reasoning I think could be behind it was to help make the construction of Doomsday Destroyer a bit easier. Yet, that seems quite unlikely considering the new development can be accessed by ways that don't interfere with SE.

I didn't say just a repaint, but if a standard maintenance period is a month, then you are adding a repaint on top of that..

what id love to see if a retheme of some of the dark ride component, maybe in line with BvS release storyline. Maybe the subway is being evacuated due to Doomsday attacking? Instead of having the crashed cars coming down, you could have an animatronic Doomsday tearing the hole open. Wishful thinking and completely not going to happen. 

If I recall, the Lethal Weapon repaint (which was many years ago now) took a couple of months.

It's not something you can just hit with a spray gun - the track has lots of nooks and crannies to fill and most of it had to be brushed \ rolled. The surfaces would also have to be cleaned of oil \ grease and dust before painting too.

Not to mention the heights involved, which means scaffolds and pesky safety equipment.

Also - as Superman crosses over public walkways to access Arkham - unless they open Chinatown Alley, guest access will be impaired, which means either closing AA for short periods too, or taking extra precautions to ensure we don't drip paint on guests too.

It was to give access to the room that was in the top of the building in front of the show stage. If you went to FN in 2014, there was a projection up on the window as if someone was getting murdered. This was set up from the inside and was accessed through that door. Other than that purpose, i don't remember any other reason for it being there.

59 minutes ago, lifeofsamage said:

Is it just me or is anyone else interested in what the hell the door halfway up the side of the building is. @djrappa maybe you could give some insight

On 14/02/2016 at 6:53 PM, reanimated35 said:

I believe that may have actually had a use!

During Fright Nights 2014, there was a projector in the building that was in front of that door, on the top level. 

I would therefore assume that the door was the access to that room. 

Best pic I could find:

1221-1_Western_Town_DSCF7125.thumb.JPG.4

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic