Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

15 hours ago, skeetafly said:

The approval is for movie world and not the studios.   I think they will use it for events but I can't see why they wouldn't rent it to the studios too. 

I'm not down with the intricacies of planning, but isn't the whole of MW\WnW\AOS\Studio\PC etc all amalgamated into one lot?

So wouldn't any approval just show up as the same thing no matter where it was on the property?

Might all be one parent company, but from what i've heard from a friend at the film school they are all separate entities now. Would not at all be surprised if movie world actually had to pay for studio time to utilise the sound stages for fright nights. It's more like pushing numbers around on paper, but I don't think the park and studios are mutually exclusive anymore. Looks more like the studios are leased, with the production companies basically having the run and control of the site, who they contract in for work, having their own management, budgets, etc.

Edited by Levithian

On 27 May 2016 at 9:14 PM, Levithian said:

Might all be one parent company, but from what i've heard from a friend at the film school they are all separate entities now. Would not at all be surprised if movie world actually had to pay for studio time to utilise the sound stages for fright nights. It's more like pushing numbers around on paper, but I don't think the park and studios are mutually exclusive anymore. Looks more like the studios are leased, with the production companies basically having the run and control of the site, who they contract in for work, having their own management, budgets, etc.

Separate entities != separate lots of land...

Had a closer look at the original twin hammer. The posts would seem to fit the part circled in red, however totally the wrong colour. The other part you can kind of see is above the main support where there is some pole like structures sitting horizontal (Circled in yellow), although I'm fairly sure that is just the parts that connect the arms which are already in place. Guess we will have to wait & see where they go, I could be totally wrong ?

EDIT: Actually, I think they could be the parts circled in red. If you look at the arms, the camo starts to swirl it's way up towards the top. 

image.jpeg

Edited by xRazzBerryx

34 minutes ago, Bailz said:

I feel like this rides is really low, from that picture? I believe it's not even a suspended twin hammer but is the ride which is Hmamer Head at Six flags. 

1 - the ride has been confirmed to be an ITH.

2 - the Zamperla Hawk has flat support structures where the ITH has the round ones you see being built at MW

Capture.JPG

Edited by reanimated35

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

I think MW are just building a flat ride to show DW how much theming can go on a flat ride.

or maybe they built it so they can get more people down to the end of the park? 

none of less, the attraction is looking awesome, I know I'm not the only one who's excited for October to arrive :D 

5 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

FDFDFDFDFDFDFDFDFDFDF.jpg

Interesting new connection point marked in blue.  I wonder if there is going to be extra theming added to the outside of the arms. (Marked in red)  I cannot see this connection point on the original.

I think you're right. I doubt they'd leave that blank space at the top of the arms without filling it in or covering it with theming. 

image.jpeg

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic