Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I'd love to see that 'portal' idea so you don't see the area from outside, but I don't think it's plausible as it would be a massive choke point - not to mention showstage being within the area it needs to be able to cope with large crowds for that as well (when and or if it is used besides FN). I'd love it to be enclosed but i think its smarter - even just from a safety perspective - that they leave it open. The wristband thing is the best point about it and clearly they'll need somewhere to issue those - I do hope it's not 'just another shop' full of the same stuff, and there is actually a point of difference, or conversely, perhaps with a dedicated outlet, there is less of a need for DC stuff to proliferate throughout the generic outlets.

I think the immersive theming will play a significant part in driving sales from (themed) merchandise and food and bev. Plus, the interactive elements will be another great revenue raiser if done well. I'm a strong believer that people will spend more when they don't feel like they are at a shopping mall but on an "adventure".

In terms of that new building, I reckon a shop. I hope they do add a sort of exterior wall/facades around the new DC land. It won't be a choke point if they don't slim down the pathways.

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

I'd love to see that 'portal' idea so you don't see the area from outside, but I don't think it's plausible as it would be a massive choke point - not to mention showstage being within the area it needs to be able to cope with large crowds for that as well (when and or if it is used besides FN). I'd love it to be enclosed but i think its smarter - even just from a safety perspective - that they leave it open. The wristband thing is the best point about it and clearly they'll need somewhere to issue those - I do hope it's not 'just another shop' full of the same stuff, and there is actually a point of difference, or conversely, perhaps with a dedicated outlet, there is less of a need for DC stuff to proliferate throughout the generic outlets.

Universal managed to do it and they have larger crowds than MW. They have done it with Diagon Alley and there is no sign even on the building that you have to walk through and this is to make it realistic. Plus US had attractions inside Diagon Alley.

Photos from the outside of the entrance.

diagon-alley-entrance-harry-potter-world-1.jpg

and inside the "Portal"

-4189-SAT-Universal-Diagon.jpg

13 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

They have done it with Diagon Alley and there is no sign even on the building that you have to walk through and this is to make it realistic.

But how many of the general public at MW walk into the JL area and not realize that there is a ride inside that building?

That art deco sculpt has me excited. It might be a relatively small piece in terms of the whole area, but it looks like it helps to really flesh out the theme of the precinct. It makes me wonder, however, if we could see future rides (such as WWF currently) getting refurbishments that bring them up to the calibre that we are seeing currently. After seeing what MW has on the table, I'm a little saddened by Superman Escape's beige box of a queue.

There was a lot of drilling etc coming from WWF today, but obviously cannot see anything with the partition being so far back down the area.

incident during HWSD - one of the Utes blew something, smoked up the entire arena to point you couldn't even see the video screen. Was only midway through the show, once the smoke cleared they played the 'trailer' which referenced many parts of the show (the race, fireball etc) that didn't actually happen, and then the show finished. The actors/crew did a great job tbh, and if you hadn't previously seen the show you probably wouldn't have realised you missed anything 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic