Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

The ride does have a dropping floor. You would pretty much lose your legs otherwise. 

I wouldn't be so sure about the coaster. I recon if superman was built today there is NO WAY it would have a separate unload station. It pretty much achieves nothing. 

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

The ride does have a dropping floor. You would pretty much lose your legs otherwise. 

I wouldn't be so sure about the coaster. I recon if superman was built today there is NO WAY it would have a separate unload station. It pretty much achieves nothing. 

Do you know why they decided to do it that way to begin with? 

2 minutes ago, Original said:

^Sorry should have clarified and not quoted the whole thing. I know why DD has a dropping floor, I'd like to ride it and keep my legs.

I meant SE with its 2 stations, if they wouldn't build it like that today, why when they originally built it think it was a good idea to have it set up that way.

Faster operations for parkz that run it efficiently...

18 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Also looks like they have removed the 'bent steel' bits from behind the booth.

Or maybe moved them, because when I last visited I did see the bent steel on the other side of the control room, and they were installing the straight steel (as seen in your photos).

I would say superman was designed that way to be a more immersive experience and that most all other rides were that way when it was built. 

The park has kinda changed focus now (and also doesn't run the ride with 7 staff like when it opened) so I'd have no issue with superman sharing a single station. 

I think one station for SE would ruin the story of the ride. If it was one station, you leave a station, Superman saves you, and then you return to the same station where the disaster was occurring. Despite it being annoying that you have to pay for a locker if you don't have someone with you to hold your things. I remember it used to be $1 for those lockers.

^LOL they might start doing body cavity searches now. I got patted down once by this girl, she didn't believe there was no wallet in my back pocket (there wasn't).

If they had an SE level locker policy I don't think I'd bother riding it, not sure I will anyway. If the ride experience is anything like Ranger at LPS it's not worth the chunder.

1 hour ago, bladex said:

use the underpants locker like i do. because if i go in there without my glasses i can't a see a damn thing especially the SRP chances. when i get near the front of the line i can see again than it's time for the LOCKER store :lol:

You are allowed to line up with your glasses on, they will just place them in a basket and pass them through to the unload station for you. 

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I think one station for SE would ruin the story of the ride. If it was one station, you leave a station, Superman saves you, and then you return to the same station where the disaster was occurring.

I see your point, but if you watch many of the different TV shows \ movies etc, Superman frequently returns the item \ person he is saving back to a spot near or at the spot they left - ie: saving the baby flying through the air, he lands back on the ground next to the mother to hand the baby directly over. I don't think it would RUIN the story, but yes - the story does work a bit better with the two - especially when they use the doors to hide the fact that superman is still attached to the train. (although that in itself is a PITA).

5 hours ago, AlexB said:

Two stations also allow a full circuit, no-MCBR coaster to run two trains as the unload & load stations give them an extra block to ensure separation.

Of course - that is if they actually RUN two trains.

They were running 2 trains on sunday, unless of course they managed to massively improve their cycle times, but I really doubt that.  

8 hours ago, themagician said:

I think one station for SE would ruin the story of the ride. If it was one station, you leave a station, Superman saves you, and then you return to the same station where the disaster was occurring. Despite it being annoying that you have to pay for a locker if you don't have someone with you to hold your things. I remember it used to be $1 for those lockers.

Having two stations isn't really an excuse for the lockers, they could easily have a similar system to MDMC with the turnstile, or a sliding lockers system from one station to the other.

Couple points. 

Yes the unload gives them an extra block however you can just have a hood block before the station to achieve the same thing. If the ride is loaded like a boss you also don't need the block because the train would leave the station before the other launches. But that's hard to achieve. 

As for immersion... That's grasping at straws. It's clearly a roller coaster and I don't think unloading would really make it any less immersive than it already is. 

I think you'll find the main reason for the lockers is they can insure no one has any lose items before they que which saves a lot of time loading the train. The reason that ride is so strict is more because it travels over people more so than for the people on the ride themselves. 

If this new coaster doesn't travel over people it might not be as strict. 

The point of flying over people is a very good point. Despite no loose items allowed on AA, because it doesn't go over people at all, they aren't as strict. At Unviersal Studios Japan, there new coaster, Flying Dinosaur was extremely strict with checking loose items. While lining up they gave a piece of paper telling you about loose items needing to be removed, then they asked you to take your items out of your pockets, and they scanned you using a metal detector, then you would store them in boxes just before you got on the ride.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic