Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

Thanks for the great shots TPN. It's good of you to go to the parks on such a regular basis and take all the photos. With regards to the focus, you could have left the first shot out or you could have adjusted your camera (simply by panning right slightly or adjusting the little focus box) in order to get that shot in focus whilst staying in automatic. But I understand shots are often taken on the fly and that sometimes you might not nessarily bring your DSLR to the park.

I look forward to Alex's next update. ?

The area looks great. I wonder how much interactivity it's going to have.

Just checked out the area. And progress is great. Poison Ivy has appeared near Killer Croc. The strange cutout for the truck has been fixed up now. The wall next to SDSC exit has been themed. The strange cut out in the wall has been fixed up.  Along with the rest of the fencing being put in place. And I noticed the bent metal affect is behind the signage too.

IMG_5498.JPG

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

IMG_4374.JPG

IMG_5488.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

Yay! I love Poison Ivy ?❤️

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

I hope we get 1 or 2 more non-superman/batman villains appearing.

From what I gather, and from what's been already placed in the area,  its only the ones that appear in the advertising material:

8c3ba57c649ee2804fc6c35497d067cd.jpg

That said, the evil fella (Sinestro?) from Green Lantern is in the mix there, as well as Gorilla Grodd from the Flash, so it's definitely not restricted to just Batman & Superman villains. But the majority of them seem to be. 

ETA: found this list of DC Villians, if anyone is wondering who any of the above ones are and where they originate from. Heaven knows they have a heck of a lot of new options up their sleeve if they decide to expand on villain offerings lol ?

Edited by Theme Park Girl

1 hour ago, Bailz said:

What is the 3rd left one?

It's Bizarro. The cape and the flat top kinda give him away. As others have said before, looks to tie everything into justice league.

Think the lineup on the poster is; Gorilla Grodd, Poison Ivy, Bizarro, Captain Cold, Killer Kroc, Doomsday, Scarecrow, Joker, Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor, Sinestro.

Had to check a few as images change a bit between different cross overs/universes. Bizarro is usually looking pretty hulking like superman.

This helps, can see where the artwork came from, what versions, etc. Though it appears that what is actually used for the precinct doesn't exactly match up with what they used for the billboard artwork.

http://www.howtolovecomics.com/2013/06/04/dc-comics-villains-month-guide-with-3d-covers-part-1/
http://www.howtolovecomics.com/2013/06/06/dc-comics-villains-month-guide-part-2/

http://www.howtolovecomics.com/2013/06/06/dc-comics-villains-month-guide-part-3/

Edited by Levithian
links

Killer croc is fairly well known, particularly since he was in Suicide Squad, and the Arkham video games. Captain Cold is a regular on The Flash (tv series), and one of the DC Legends of Tomorrow (tv series again). Bizzaro also appeared in Supergirl last season, albeit in a female form 

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

I think we've seen doomsday for some months now...

TBH they've modelled the ride so much on the character, it would be strange for there to be a second 'character' in the area...

I see your point but I am hoping for, and always thought there would be, a doomsday character as well. 

Captain Cold is quite different in the comics to TV though - non comic-enthusiasts might not recognise him from that, just as they wouldn't recognise bizzaro from Supergirl. Croc you have a point though - I completely forgot about SS.

A fully-sized doomsday model would look amazing, but I agree with Alex with it being a little weird.

I'd say the double door is the exit which there would be a clearly marked entry on the other side. People manage at other places, but yes, @Gazza you're right, somehow theme parks do tend to bring out the stupid in people.

In saying that though, people manage at other shops on main street without hysteria so after the initial thrill of a new shop dies down, they should be right.