Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

Firstly hello, I've been a long time Visitor first time posting. 

On my trip to movie world today the old western section was newly fenced in that all too familiar hedge print (the print was still waving in the breeze and wasn't zipped tied at the bottom yet. 

The old corpse in the coffin from the old western area has now been moved to just outside Wild West falls heavily suggesting the fencing off is a permanent closing of the area. 

This most likely means the new ride or perhaps new themed area or both will be going in the old western area as we all speculated and suggested.

Changes in the area next to ricks cafe are continuing with an arch like wall being built possibly the new cast member entry as has been speculated. 

12584007_10208530599373272_1176095995_n.jpg

12606810_10208530597613228_1290716781_n.jpg

12607220_10208530597413223_562057253_n.jpg

12648167_10208530597133216_1470467268_n.jpg

12650194_10208530598133241_452682646_n.jpg

12650706_10208530597933236_1973337574_n.jpg

24 minutes ago, Hypermarket Hero said:

Firstly hello, I've been a long time Visitor first time posting. 

On my trip to movie world today the old western section was newly fenced in that all too familiar hedge print (the print was still waving in the breeze and wasn't zipped tied at the bottom yet. 

The old corpse in the coffin from the old western area has now been moved to just outside Wild West falls heavily suggesting the fencing off is a permanent closing of the area. 

This most likely means the new ride or perhaps new themed area or both will be going in the old western area as we all speculated and suggested.

Changes in the area next to ricks cafe are continuing with an arch like wall being built possibly the new cast member entry as has been speculated. 

Photos will be uploaded when I get home. 

Guess where I'll be tomorrow!

thanks for the photos Hypermarket Hero :) it won't be too long until we see work happening!

sad to see the Show Stage is going to go, I agree with many people saying that they should be using it for a new show not for a new roller coaster, however that said let us aboard the hype train! 

Edited by Richard
Removed excessive quote. Please don't use Parkz to solicit content.

19 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

sad to see the Show Stage is going to go, I agree with many people saying that they should be using it for a new show not for a new roller coaster, however that said let us aboard the hype train! 

Agreed. It would be great to see a new live action show in there. It's an excellent place to cool down and to sit down. Well, it would be if it were ever open!

I suppose since it's never open they may as well demolish it, or who knows, they might be re-purposing it to house a new dark ride. If so that could potentially be awesome!

25 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Agreed. It would be great to see a new live action show in there. It's an excellent place to cool down and to sit down. Well, it would be if it were ever open!

I suppose since it's never open they may as well demolish it, or who knows, they might be re-purposing it to house a new dark ride. If so that could potentially be awesome!

it's been discussed a few times before that they won't be able to fit a dark ride in the Show Stage Push, the area IMO is too small for a dark ride

21 minutes ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

it's been discussed a few times before that they won't be able to fit a dark ride in the Show Stage Push, the area IMO is too small for a dark ride

That being the case I feel better about the building coming down (assuming it is). Still would have liked to see a show in there though, but excited to see what is built.

having a look what you said Push, I agree with you about getting a new show being shown in the Show Stage. If they did get a new show in there. I hope to god it wasn't going to be Looney Tunes related, A western stunt show would have been good however seeing how MW has handled HSD2, I wouldn't be surprised if the show wasn't good compared to Police Academy or the original HWSD 

seeing the Show Stage going also removes another maze location for  FN, as Alex mentioned to me a few weeks ago I'm pretty sure the FN team have suggestions where a new maze can go for this years FN 

I wouldn't take the dude from England on TPR forums word for it, would you?

he also mentions the improvements are in response to the impending arrival of the Wanda theme park. Personally, I think we are a LONG LONG way from the Wanda park being considered impending, which I wouldn't categorise it as until approval is granted and land locked in. At this stage that park is still a pipe dream, albeit a very rich mans pipe dream (as opposed to the Wonderland revamp pipedream). 

8 minutes ago, pin142 said:

Prayer room is closed off? Guess that's one less thing for the ignorant bogans to complain about now.

They'll probably start on Dreamworld now. Noticed the prayer room there for the first time on Wednesday. Maybe it's always been there & I've just not noticed. Not fussed either way, people should just be tolerant of others beliefs and not paint all with the same brush 

It's not allowed to be "world's best" unless Intamin or RMC, jumps up and down and starts crying.

Running with this Mack hypothesis for a moment, Mack's best coasters are their launched ones like Helix and Blue Fire. I'd be surprised if they put another launched coaster (yummy, another upcharge, er I mean, locker fee ride). But I guess Mack like any manufacturer they can build anything bespoke if a park is willing to pay for it.

Still waiting for the actual announcement (World's best dragon wagon, coming to movie world this summer).

What do people think is the likely hood of MW getting another high speed launch coaster? It could include inversions, which would make it different from Superman Escape, but do people feel that as that ride is such a stand out, they shouldn't include another launch coaster. But if they get another lift hill coaster, would that be like saying, well they don't need another one because they've got AA. I suppose it would be a compeletly different experience, so it wouldn't matter if it was a launch or lift hill. It will just be good to have another ride in the park.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic