Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I've got a pretty good idea what flat ride is relatively new and to date, I don't think has ever been a permanent install in a park in the world. It would tick the marketing boxes of being a world first, world best, etc, and probably fit the budget guessing at the cost. Ill keep it to myself for awhile and see what happens with the site though unless someone wants to do a little digging to see what might fit the bill.

Still not feeling the coaster idea at this point in time. Really think it's something planned for the near future, not necessarily going in this part of the park or at this point in time.

Edited by Levithian

11 minutes ago, Levithian said:

I've got a pretty good idea what flat ride is relatively new and to date, I don't think has ever been a permanent install in a park in the world. It would tick the marketing boxes of being a world first, world best, etc, and probably fit the budget guessing at the cost. Ill keep it to myself for awhile and see what happens with the site though unless someone wants to do a little digging to see what might fit the bill.

Why so secretive? I'm interested to see what kind of world first ride you're speculating they will put in.

Because it's only my idea and nobody has really given any merit lately to there being different developments, so I'll keep it to myself for a bit and see what's happening. 

It's interesting to note that opinions have changed considerably since news of attractions was posted. Much more discussion previously about what could be utilised that wasn't a coaster, but now everyone seems to be coaster mad.

if that isn't interesting for you, the development applications and their wording in particular might be.

17/11/15 - Rollercoaster

30/11/15 - New attraction and lakeside precinct, stage 1 early works.

30/11/15 - stage 1 early works, ent precinct.

03/12/15 - Hotel, stage 1 early works.

13/1/16 - demolition works new attraction

To me, it sounds like maybe we have a lot in planning that some people have kind of lumped in together.

Coaster is submitted as a seperate application to the new attraction?

Lakeside precinct and entertainment precinct look like they could be separate entities? Different parts of the park?

hotel is also listed by itself. 

This could mean we actually have a few different zones in planning, but there also could be 2 rides being developed. 1 just listed as an attraction, one as a coaster. Because they are private listings we aren't going to see what was submitted, so it's all just speculation. But it is interesting none the less if you take it to mean the same way I do.

I keep going back to what sort of ride could be erected quickly and cheaply (in comparison) in such a compact space with the demotion works already taking place? Sounds like a flat ride is a good idea at this point in time. If we start seeing central foundations being poured, ill know my idea for the area is pretty on the money.

Imo the lakeside precinct and entertainment precinct are one and the same. Both lodged the same day, probably incorrectly filed or entered into the database as 2 seperate things. 

The rollercoaster is seperate again.

i believe the timing of the works will see the rollercoaster debuting before the entertainment precinct opens. 

But that's just my opinion...

This leaves the Tijuana Taxis and the Roxy Theatre as the last remaining opening day attractions?  I mean sure the graveyard wasn't an attraction as much as a small bit of fun themeing but it was interactive with the breathing graves and such.

I am wondering if given the area closed off they might retheme that particular area and leave the walkway from the Wild West Falls sign down to Wild West as their western area?

I'm with @Brad2912 on this one.  @Levithian Why do you think a coaster would need an OPW?  If you go back to Storm Coaster it confirms village building procedure for new developments.

Storm Coaster-

July Applications lodged – August Demo started – January First footings stated to be formed up.  – February first coaster parts stated arriving on site.  So six months after works first started on site too first parts started rolling up.

New Coaster

November Applications lodged- February Demo started- Footings to come then parts will start to arrive.

7 hours ago, www worker 2.0 said:

Where did the idea for a hyper come from? If MW are to build a hyper for 2016 there would already be footers in place or at least earthworks on the site not a bunch of plant removal.

A few points:

1. No one has said "it's a hyper". It's just ideas and opinions and conjecture 

2. There is 327 days until Boxing Day which would be likely launch day. With favourable Qld weather, the timeframe available doesn't discount any potential ride

3. In saying that, we haven't even had firm confirmation that the ride opens this year. I believe it will, but again that's speculation or following past trends/timelines

Anyone notice in the photos they were not throwing out the props from Boot Hill? Perhaps they will be relocated closer to Wild West falls as it fits the same theme  it's been many years since I've been to movie world so my memory of the layout of the park is somewhat muddled so don't kill me if  its in the same area I'm talking about lol 

Edited by Themeparkfan

@Themeparkfan It is in a different area :) 

Really wonder why you think coaster parts/footings should be visible. I'm fairly certain to cope with the expansive space that would be required for rollercoaster track pieces a just-in-time approach is utilised so pretty much as soon as pieces arrive, they are put in place.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic