Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1 hour ago, POP said:

Guys this is actually super embarrassing and i apologise to the Parkz community. I was actually sleep walking last night and walked into the lounge took my phone off the charger and just started typing what came into my head. I barely have any re-collection of typing this.

Sorry sistren xo

images(18).thumb.jpg.8083ca7f97399184aa3

Now I've heard everything ??? 

POP has to be a troll, I find it ridiculously hard to believe you were sleepwalking and with all the other shit you've posted on posted on here, you haven't really gained the trust of every single Parkz member. Now, I'm not trying to be mean here but please just think before you speak! I'm sure that if you did that, other members would respect you a lot more.

Edited by Wil_i_am_not

Pop's partner just phoned me and this is what was said.

"I’m 31 years old and I’ve been with pop for over a year. We both feel that communication and respect are most important in a relationship and have many shared interests. Pop is an amazing listener. Kind and caring, treats family and friends well, and has a calm yet serious personality that complements my emotional personality, which flusters easily.

However… Pop is not funny."

:rolleyes:

Anyway I would rather talk about 2016 Movie World construction then Pops issues.

What I want to know is how many people think that the existing building is going to be gutted or not.

I am on the fence at the moment but I am falling towards the building being gutted.  Besides the fright night when was the building last being used?

Edited by skeetafly

4 hours ago, POP said:

Guys this is actually super embarrassing and i apologise to the Parkz community. I was actually sleep walking last night and walked into the lounge took my phone off the charger and just started typing what came into my head. I barely have any re-collection of typing this.

Sorry sistren xo

41151260.jpg

righty ho can we get back to the daily photo updates?!

Edited by bladex

2 hours ago, JeffreyMoore said:

you can now see the roller door that was once the exit to the great gremlins adventure where the two smashed up cop cars once stood as you walked out of the ride

The cars used to be around the corner, you used to exit out the side of the building around to the right of that roller door. The building goes back into a courtyard which is where the exit was. Then you used to walk to the right, then left and past the police car which I think had smashed into the commandants golf cart? (Or was that from the stunt show?) I'm pretty sure I remember gizmo was in the back seat looking out from the police car through the window. As you walked past an out into the western area just next to the roller door.

As for what will happen, I'm still sticking with my original feeling. Show stage to stay, won't be part of new ride, but may get a makeover. Flat ride in the area, no coaster. 

Edited by Levithian

20 minutes ago, Levithian said:

The cars used to be around the corner, you used to exit out the side of the building around to the right of that roller door. The building goes back into a courtyard which is where the exit was. Then you used to walk to the right, then left and past the police car which I think had smashed into the commandants golf cart? (Or was that from the stunt show?) I'm pretty sure I remember gizmo was in the back seat looking out from the police car through the window. As you walked past an out into the western area just next to the roller door.

As for what will happen, I'm still sticking with my original feeling. Show stage to stay, won't be part of new ride, but may get a makeover. Flat ride in the area, no coaster. 

oh ok the last time i got to ride the great gremlins adventure was in 1999 so must have forgot where the exit was but no the police car had run into another police car but your are right that gizmo was in the back seat of the rear police car and there was smoke comeing from the front where it had hit the other police car

is the courtyard still there just like one of the cinemas is at the front0720-1_Warner-Bros-Cl_002.jpg

Edited by JeffreyMoore

1 hour ago, Levithian said:

Correct, you can see the seperation of colour in the lower part to the right of the roller door in the photo that was posted, this long more pale section of steel was later added to enclose the exit 

The cop cars and shipping container were located to the right of where what looks like a store shed or power box is now 

I have strong memories from this ride also, enjoyed seeing that photo 

Edited by buzzkill13

4 minutes ago, buzzkill13 said:

Correct, you can see the seperation of colour in the lower part to the right of the roller door in the photo that was posted, this long more pale section of steel was later added to enclose the exit 

the cop cars and shipping container were located where what looks like a store shed or power box is now 

ok cool so the courtyard is now the end section of scooby doo or is the courtyard still there behind the new section of steel

36 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

ok cool so the courtyard is now the end section of scooby doo or is the courtyard still there behind the new section of steel

I'm not sure I haven't seen in that area but judging by layout of the ride I'd say the last drop in scooby Doo just before the exit station would be where that section of steel is

in the photo you posted of gremlins I think the railing seen infront of the guy who took the photo is where the new steel wall was placed

Looking closer that yellow wall looks pretty old, maybe that was the wall behind the cop cars and container which means the courtyard would still be there infront of that steel 

Edited by buzzkill13

16 minutes ago, buzzkill13 said:

I'm not sure I haven't seen in that area but judging by layout of the ride I'd say the last drop in scooby Doo just before the exit station would be where that section of steel is

in the photo you posted of gremlins I think the railing seen infront of the guy who took the photo is where the new steel wall was placed

Looking closer that yellow wall looks pretty old, maybe that was the wall behind the cop cars and container which means the courtyard would still be there infront of that steel 

ok i get it now the gremlins ride exit is now part of the last drop of scooby doo and the courtyard you walked out into is still outside to the right of the roller door - so the gremlins exit into the wild west was at that roller door beside boothill ?

16 minutes ago, buzzkill13 said:

ok i get it now the gremlins ride exit is now part of the last drop of scooby doo and the courtyard you walked out into is still outside to the right of the roller door - so the gremlins exit into the wild west was at that roller door beside boothill ?

7 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

If my memory serves correct then yes, to stay on topic though I wonder if we will see the exit facade of Scooby Doo change for the new area/ride 

2 hours ago, buzzkill13 said:

I'm not sure if other people are finding this convo interesting but I am! I love looking for remnants of old rides, and particularly the Gremlins as I absolutely loved it when I was a kid and thinking about it now brings back great memories. I think we may have discussed this ages back -- but I can't remember what the main show building for Gremlins was like? I know sections of it are still there (the queue and movie theatre sections), but was the main scooby coaster section (ie. the largest building there now) there before? Or is it totally new? It looks like it may have been part of Gremlins but given a height extension? I do remember the final Gremlins scene where they all had firefighters hoses being a really large room and quite high.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic