Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

I went on the Hangover at the Ekka a couple of years ago, and it's definitely one of my favourite carnival rides. Key word there: Carnival. I honestly think VRTP can do better. These style of rides just don't fit the MW that I've known to love. It's a movie park, not the local show. 

Yet there was something that popped into my head while I was thinking about this addition. The Wipeout at DW is a complete spin 'n' spew, but managed to be an iconic ride in Australia thanks to its use of basic storytelling and themeing. Remember Tomb Raider: The Ride at Kings Island? One of the only giant top spins in the world, and it was highly regarded because they took this carnival style of ride and used it as a foundation for a heavily themed and story driven attraction.

Point I'm trying to make is that what happens if we're all worrying that the ride will end up like something at Luna Park when in reality, it could be the next Wipeout or Tomb Raider: The Ride?

Movie world has released info of a two year plan including the NEW thrill ride this year, I was also informed the show stage is remaining!, Movie World is planning a Mega Coaster next to GL in the old security gatehouse area - the area will be developed to hold a Large , Very large roller coaster that will extend down as far or as close as paradise country 

17 minutes ago, dmh said:

Movie world has released info of a two year plan including the NEW thrill ride this year, I was also informed the show stage is remaining!, Movie World is planning a Mega Coaster next to GL in the old security gatehouse area - the area will be developed to hold a Large , Very large roller coaster that will extend down as far or as close as paradise country 

That sounds extremely cool, it really does, and I really want to believe you but at the exact same time, it seems so outlandish. Surely you can understand us when we say this seems really unbelievable?

11 minutes ago, dmh said:

Mega Coaster next to GL in the old security gatehouse area - the area will be developed to hold a Large , Very large roller coaster that will extend down as far or as close as paradise country 

And just think, all you'd need to do is move the studios. You would then need to buy 2 of the world's longest coasters.

uwotm8.thumb.jpg.696ddb7a9478432e8b6abf7

The Beast (1979) Cost: $4000000 USD

So.....

Add some inflation:

1.PNG.85d54adbadc35558224cbbe474d42c6b.P

Now don't forget, we're buying 2 of them....

2.PNG.7f08c10fdac6ef28add634af5a82bcd5.P

Now that's just in USD, so let's convert that back....

3.PNG.b5ccbc7e121bb20cc6fed3690d9e7a3f.P

A quick bit of math...

New ride to fill the space: $40,000,000

Plus the cost of demolition of the studios

Plus the millions of dollars lost there once they're gone.

Equals: You're full of shit. 

If this is true, I will be very happy to see the Show Stage to stay, I might be going to far here, it would be good if we get a new show in there as well along side the new thrill ride.

as for the thrill ride, this is what I would like to see, it's a Huss Condor for those who don't know, it might not be a thrill ride but I will prefer it more than the Double Hammer ride that was suggested earlierimage.jpeg.b39555b22b530f4aae02bfce8ca74image.thumb.jpeg.b5b890f510ee2135808a218

Edited by The_Ninja_59

41 minutes ago, dmh said:

Movie world has released info of a two year plan

Where is your proof of this?

Also reanimated forgot to consider that beast was wooden and the increase in price of materials and therefore would cost even more than his calculation.

Something tells me this might not be legit. Just a hunch

Edited by Not Elmo

17 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

as for the thrill ride, this is what I would like to see, it's a Huss Condor for those who don't know, it might not be a thrill ride but I will prefer it more than the Double Hammer ride that was suggested earlierimage.jpeg.b39555b22b530f4aae02bfce8ca74

No. Just no. Condors are boring, super short rides that are the poorest excuse for a thrill ride.  If you have been on one you will know that (Ocean Park!!)

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

7 hours ago, Levithian said:

I think dmh got areas mixed up. Paradise country is way down the back behind movieworld. The area you are talking about is between the park and outback spectacular. Basically in and around the swap lands at the front of the park. That would make more sense and still be a massive coaster.

This is just an appreciation post for Levithian. You and me seem to be the only ones who picked up on that lol, much more better suited area for a large rollercoaster and logic shows dmh more than likely meant aos instead of paradise country (a lot of people just assume pc is the farm behind outback) 

I agree, I think the most logical place for a large coaster would be out front. Especially if it was a hyper with a narrow footprint i.e. the out and back track are almost side by side.

I notice some pipes on site in the latest photos, can we start some outlandish speculation about what they are - on your marks...

1 hour ago, buzzkill13 said:

This is just an appreciation post for Levithian. You and me seem to be the only ones who picked up on that lol, much more better suited area for a large rollercoaster and logic shows dmh more than likely meant aos instead of paradise country (a lot of people just assume pc is the farm behind outback) 

What is a appreciation post? :D

Did any notice the excavators have changed?  No more demolish. 

pipe.JPG

Edited by skeetafly

10 hours ago, Levithian said:

I think dmh got areas mixed up. Paradise country is way down the back behind movieworld. The area you are talking about is between the park and outback spectacular. Basically in and around the swap lands at the front of the park. That would make more sense and still be a massive coaster.

If that turns out to be true - Reanimated wins...

On 1/12/2015 at 9:29 PM, reanimated35 said:

Idea #2

Green area they may not wish to utilise given its proximity to the water tank for the studios.

idea2.thumb.jpg.5d621c8e98696e625048d3f0

^That does seem very likely. The entry would be through that gate at the end of the path past JL. And that area seems like a decent size for a coaster. But I think it would be nice to see a coaster themed to something other than superheroes. Don't get me wrong, I won't complain if it is. I welcome all new rides if done well and I enjoy superhero films, but if I was put behind the show stage, it would likely be themed to the western area, and that would good to have in the park, in my opinion.

On 20/02/2016 at 9:23 PM, reanimated35 said:

And just think, all you'd need to do is move the studios. You would then need to buy 2 of the world's longest coasters.

uwotm8.thumb.jpg.696ddb7a9478432e8b6abf7

The Beast (1979) Cost: $4000000 USD

So.....

Add some inflation:

1.PNG.85d54adbadc35558224cbbe474d42c6b.P

Now don't forget, we're buying 2 of them....

2.PNG.7f08c10fdac6ef28add634af5a82bcd5.P

Now that's just in USD, so let's convert that back....

3.PNG.b5ccbc7e121bb20cc6fed3690d9e7a3f.P

A quick bit of math...

New ride to fill the space: $40,000,000

Plus the cost of demolition of the studios

Plus the millions of dollars lost there once they're gone.

Equals: You're full of shit. 

Plot twist: The layout you overlaid is not the beast. 

The beast is this one:  

https://goo.gl/maps/zNxdANZ6B6o

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic