Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

OK now that I know what's actually going in there, @jozis right with the "eh" reaction, however assuming it will be used as a filler attraction, it does make sense. No point wasting all the space like they have been. DC is a brand that will last a while. I just hope they theme it well. 

@AlexB even if they lost the license, it wouldn't take much to change to a generic theme. Just remove the characters themselves and make it a space themed area. 

Warner Bros. Movie World General Manager, Greg Yong said this is an exciting announcement for the park with DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed and the Doomsday Destroyer sure to offer guests a range of unique experiences.

“There has always been a focus on DC Comics Super Heroes at Warner Bros. Movie World but these new attractions will showcase the Super-Villains from the DC Universe,” he said.

you don't say? DC Movie world!

Edited by bladex

11 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

OK now that I know what's actually going in there, @jozis right with the "eh" reaction, however assuming it will be used as a filler attraction, it does make sense. No point wasting all the space like they have been. DC is a brand that will last a while. I just hope they theme it well. 

@AlexB even if they lost the license, it wouldn't take much to change to a generic theme. Just remove the characters themselves and make it a space themed area. 

The DC Movies coming over the next 5 years are plentiful. VRTP certainly have this in mind:

2016:

• Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • Suicide Squad

2017:

• Wonder Woman
  • Justice League, Part 1

2018:

• The Flash (Unrelated to the TV show).
  • Aquaman
  • Batman (Affleck)

2019:

• Shazam
  • Justice League, Part 2

2020:

• Cyborg
  • Green Lantern Corps

Others are rumoured, such as Legion of Super-Heroes and another Superman movie.

The biggest problem with MW is village don’t make movies.  Back in the Warner Bros days, MW had a massive selection of Movies that they could select from.  If MW continued the same way Warner Bros did by theming every attraction differently than MW would have a huge bill each year to pay the owners of the movies.

The MW we once knew we will never know again.  Its makes more sense for MV to pay 1 fee to DC comics then pay 15 different companies.

Edited by skeetafly

Village Roadshow to open “one of the world’s best” theme park attractions on the Coast

so based on the picture provided assuming it's something like that, makes me feel like they fell short on funding and ended up with this ride. Don't think it will be worlds best. 

(I'm viewing this on my phone so if I have missed some information let me know and will check later :D )

Looks like another ride for the thrill seekers and nothing for the families.  Don't get me wrong, I am excited for a new ride regardless of its theming.  However, it seems the families are forgotten again.  With Doomsday and then the Rollercoaster it really looks like nothing is happening for the juniors.  Movie DC World are changing their market demographic, which the competition down the road will start cashing in on.

Nice writing and a good summary of today's events in the articles, Slick and Richard.

Not really excited about more DC themed rides or movies. 

Good point, Troy.  The families and those people who prefer less extreme rides do seem to have been left out of the equation - hopefully a new show could fix that. Whilst I'm looking forward to a new roller coaster, extreme or otherwise, I know many in my travelling party who will be avoiding it.

Edited by iwerks

2 hours ago, skeetafly said:

The biggest problem with MW is village don’t make movies.  Back in the Warner Bros days, MW had a massive selection of Movies that they could select from.  If MW continued the same way Warner Bros did by theming every attraction differently than MW would have a huge bill each year to pay the owners of the movies.

The MW we once knew we will never know again.  Its makes more sense for MV to pay 1 fee to DC comics then pay 15 different companies.

This doesn't make sense.

Movie World is still "Warner Bros. Movie World" and the studios next door have been "Village Roadshow studios" since a late 1980's before the theme-park was built.

The fact that the films are made in the studios next door doesn't give Movie World automatic rights to build theme park attractions. The studios also do make a lot of film and TV series, many of them major movies i.e Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Thor 3 (filming there this year), San Andreas, Narnia 3 etc.  

2 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

This doesn't make sense.

Movie World is still "Warner Bros. Movie World" and the studios next door have been "Village Roadshow studios" since a late 1980's before the theme-park was built.

The fact that the films are made in the studios next door doesn't give Movie World automatic rights to build theme park attractions. The studios also do make a lot of film and TV series, many of them major movies i.e Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Thor 3 (filming there this year), San Andreas, Narnia 3 etc.  

You've completed missed the point or misunderstood what skeet was saying. 

1 minute ago, pushbutton said:

Do we actually know it's a Superloop?

No, do you?

1 hour ago, iwerks said:

Good point, Troy.  The families and those people who prefer less extreme rides do seem to have been left out of the equation - hopefully a new show could fix that. Whilst I'm looking forward to a new roller coaster, extreme or otherwise, I know many in my travelling party who will be avoiding it.

they'll have to go to DW and hang out in tiger cubs kindy than :lol:

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

You've completed missed the point or misunderstood what skeet was saying. 

I understand what he is saying in terms of only using one "theme" to save on licensing, but even back in the day when the park was owned and operated by Warner Bros. they still would have had to pay licensing fees for the use of characters, logos etc.

3 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

I understand what he is saying in terms of only using one "theme" to save on licensing, but even back in the day when the park was owned and operated by Warner Bros. they still would have had to pay licensing fees for the use of characters, logos etc.

I'm not going to say I know a lot about the ownership, but my understanding was Warner Bros actually had a financial interest in the park initially, so it's likely WB licences were freely used, the park now licences the WB name but there is no longer any ownership attributed to WB, so those properties would now require licensing to be used. 

image.thumb.png.3c10c0e5306d3a39d10e5fc3

Just saw that the Suspened Twin Hammer has three styles like Pandamonuim, the first style rocks up and down, the second style goes 150 degrees, the third style goes fully upside down. If MW gets this ride, do you think this feature will get carried over to Doomsday Destoryer? 

pretty excited for this, I don't care about the DC theming TBH, just glad that this area of the park is finally getting utilised :) 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

With WWF having an extended down time this winter and a repaint of the mountain.

Wonder if they retheme this whole ride...

Maybe Mr Freeze mountain?  Close to the new villain area

after all  MW could do with more DC ride :/

Not sure if that was meant to be serious or not, but you have made me wonder if that is exactly what is going to happen!

Provided the effects and "storytelling" remained as good as they are now, and preferably better, and as long as it was still a theme that was enduring and accessible to most guests (including me obviously lol) I'd be in favour of that.

Edited by pushbutton

Kind of Meh about the flat, I heard Intamin and thought it may be a resurrection of the doomsday tower, but wost likely it will be glorified pirate ships. At least there'll be some life in that area.

Hopefully Intamin will be involved with the coaster as well.

I like how they say the annual passes are almost sold out, yeah right, or maybe they are changing their model on APs - a zillion twelvsies with no in-park spend will do that.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

With WWF having an extended down time this winter and a repaint of the mountain.

Wonder if they retheme this whole ride...

Maybe Mr Freeze mountain?  Close to the new villain area

after all  MW could do with more DC ride :/

So... Half of MW SuperHeroes, the other half SuperVillains? 

SV vs SH & SD.jpg

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic