Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

Definitely not for the ride. It would be surrounding theming. The girl serving in the retail store last week was waxing lyrical about how amazing the whole area is going to be. Could just be blowing smoke up customers asses but she didn't seem genuinely excited 

Edited by Brad2912

11 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Riddle me this..

if you built the additional elements first, would they still be additional elements? Or would they become the initial elements? 

"We planted this awesome tree right here, so we built this Doomsday ride just there as an additional feature to complement the tree". 

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

^Thanks reanimated.

But yeah it was a pretty pointless thing to post, my bad.

I'm not sure which one of you liked it, but one of you has completely missed the point of my post. 

If this were universal, we could say they were demonstrating the use of matte painting as background. We constantly complain that they don't do enough 'movie' in movie world, so if they leave it as is, that's my take on it.

This is the part of universal's studio tour i'm referencing - the big concrete area is usually filled with water, and the blue wall is painted to look like sky. from the far right looking toward it, it looks like a perfect backdrop, and with the camera sufficiently framed, you don't see whats on the outside of the picture... that's kinda what i'm getting at.san fernando valley.png

I think the idea of saying 'That painted backdrop is a representation of a filming technique' is a pretty big stretch.  I think it'll look fine once it's blended into the background a bit and the other buildings in the area take the focus.  I'd love to have a further opinion beyond that but that's all I've got on this one.  I guess I'm glad they didn't just leave it blank. 

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic