Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

5 hours ago, joz said:

I think the idea of saying 'That painted backdrop is a representation of a filming technique' is a pretty big stretch.  I think it'll look fine once it's blended into the background a bit and the other buildings in the area take the focus.  I'd love to have a further opinion beyond that but that's all I've got on this one.  I guess I'm glad they didn't just leave it blank. 

of course it is. that's why i said "if this were universal", clearly it isn't. that said - as you say, its better than plain white shed, which has long been the staple of MW, to give the impression that each show building was a stage. That worked when you had a studio tour, and people saw real stages themed the same way, but now that nobody goes near the stages, the innocuous white sheds don't really fit anymore, and it's good to see they're taking steps to mask it.

to me it looks like cityscape/skyline. I know its pretty sparse at the moment, but I reckon there will be a few buildings going up along the old stage, so between each one the skyline peaks out from behind depending on your perspective. May mean the buildings/facade is going to be fairly tall to give that added depth. Be pretty cool if the facade is tall on all sides, so it would pretty much block out everything in the area (scooby, the stage, toilet block, etc). Could have an entire city skyline behind the facade, so you don't actually end up seeing just a big billboard. Make some awesome photos if they are going to have characters/performers in the area too.

Edited by Levithian

saw this photo on Instagram earlier today,image.jpegfrom I what I'm seeing, everything looks like it's still intact and doesn't look it will be utilised for the new precint at the moment..

keyword here is "at the moment" 

they could turn this into the interactive area involving the Villians or maybe they will introduce Justice League on Ice as a replacement that reanimated mentioned earlier.. :P 

Edited by The_Ninja_59

1 hour ago, JeffreyMoore said:

iv been thinking that the scooby doo spooky coaster is now out of position between the dc themed parts of the park

do you think this leaves it open to a future re theme to dc property's in the future ?

I'm hoping they don't. I think Scooby-Doo a great theme for that ride. Licensing may change, and they may decide on that however. They might end up removing the Scooby Doo poster above the exit, so it doesn't look out of place next to this new area. But as they are constructing that theming in front, it may hide the exit, and look fine.

16 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Cant see them fixing what isn't broken. Its probably the most popular ride in the whole park.

The question is though, is it the most popular ride in the park (in your opinion, not sure if that's based on any data) based on the fact it is a Scooby Doo themed ride, or because of the style and type of ride, and who it caters for?

Its been wet in the mornings this week, if its in the shade, maybe its just water that hasnt dried up yet? the streaks look to line up with what ever supports are on the outside of the tower? is that a ladder or something?

20 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The question is though, is it the most popular ride in the park (in your opinion, not sure if that's based on any data) based on the fact it is a Scooby Doo themed ride, or because of the style and type of ride, and who it caters for?

Attendance? how long the wait times usually are? you can't argue that it probably has the widest appeal across ages vs coasters like arkham, superman and green lantern. Got to remember, with all the things it looks like village have planned, I can't see them spending money on something unless it is absolutely needed. So i can't see a multi million dollar makeover of scooby doo happening, let alone one now to tie in the precinct with existing DC attractions. How many cars do they have? something like 20 or so? what do you reckon each one of those would cost to have new bodies and seating made to retheme? that's before you even talk about gutting the building for a different theme. Pretty costly, even if its disputed it's not the most popular, its certainly still a massive draw card that people go to the park to ride. When that starts slipping, things might get a look in.

Edited by Levithian

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic