Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

Thank you for the photos @Theme Park Girl.  You are doing a great job.  The only minor concern I have at the moment is the downpipe coming out of the tree.  In saying that, I think MW did a pretty decent job include the stairs into scenery?  Keep the photos coming because this is the most exciting part of a new ride/attraction.

37 minutes ago, skeetafly said:

Thank you for the photos @Theme Park Girl.  You are doing a great job.  The only minor concern I have at the moment is the downpipe coming out of the tree.  In saying that, I think MW did a pretty decent job include the stairs into scenery?  Keep the photos coming because this is the most exciting part of a new ride/attraction.

Thank you, and my pleasure ? I'm just as excited about the new area as you guys are, so I'm happy to do updates as often as I can. This morning I just drove down for an hour or so to check on construction progress and take some ride photos lol. Figured why not, since I have the day off work ??

I'll be back at Movie World on Sunday arvo as I'm taking my mum in for Mothers Day (she is up for the weekend from Melbourne and hasn't been to any of the theme parks in many, many years) so if there's anything new by then again, I'll be sure to snap and post :)

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

A vast majority of attendees are on VIP passes. They don't expect to have to spend a $ once they enter the park unless they want food or merch

True, but it's a matter of time before they stop giving out wristbands. It would be easier if you could just buy it in a shop for a fee (and thus having less going out meaning a larger stock) than having a limited number of wristbands to give to anyone who walks past each day.

Just my opinion, I guess this way allows all the kids that don't really care much about the aesthetics to have fun for no extra charge.

Edited by Santa07

I look at it this way - given their history of the 'studio' theme in the park, and the use of big white sheds for practically everything, they could very well have left them the way they were, which would ruin the immersive area they are trying to build.

I for one am glad to see them expending additional effort, time and money to try and blend the sheds with the new theme.

Given the Main street buildings are scaled on the upper floors, and the use of forced perspective in film (which used to be ably demonstrated until the village bean arrived), I don't rightly care if the backdrop isn't perfect. They've tried, and given the smart use of the evac stairs as part of a building fire escape, which also gives the backdrop a 3d element - i'm happy enough with the result.

I don't think you are understanding what I'm getting at.  I do like the idea and think it was a great idea to incorporate the stairs.  It would not have cost them anymore money to get it right.  I’m would be pretty sure the brief/idea would have been to make the stairs look like a fire escape to a building.  I think they forgot about the doors.  Which is what makes it look worst.  A door to god.  A door to a window.  They might be applying a sticker over the doors latter on to match them in. 

It’s like the big downpipe coming out of the tree.  I hoping there is more to come on this too and they will be turning it into the trunk of the tree.   I’m only being picky because MW went to so much trouble to do it right and I believe they have been left down.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic