Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

2 hours ago, iwerks said:

Wait - Clayton contacted you?!

Yes. He has messaged me out of the blue a couple of times this week. The first time was to inform me. That Dreamworld *apparently* has a doozy of a press release on the way. Wait for it... 

Screenshot_20160519-235721.png

I nearly literally had to pick myself off the floor after reading it. He then told me that Sea World has a new rollercoaster coming next year as well.  

If anyone decides to share all this incredible news on their page, don't forget to give ALL credit to the Theme Park Social Network! ?

7 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Yes. He has messaged me out of the blue a couple of times this week. The first time was to inform me. That Dreamworld *apparently* has a doozy of a press release on the way. Wait for it... 

I nearly literally had to pick myself off the floor after reading it. He then told me that Sea World has a new rollercoaster coming next year as well.  

If anyone decides to share all this incredible news on their page, don't forget to give ALL credit to the Theme Park Social Network! ?

this looks extremely fake!!!!!

11 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Alex -- why wouldn't they have just fixed it at the time they were constructing the Arkham tower? And are we sure the Arkham tower was a 'wrap' and they didn't construct it from scratch? I remember that burnt out building facade you are referring to, but not sure if it is the same thing. I just find it strange that such a simple, cheap, flimsy tower facade already needs such extensive work carried out to it. Or maybe I just answered my own question.

The work now necessary may not have been apparent back in 2011 when they started the retheme. That's 5 years ago now.

Plus the burnt out structure may have been ok, but by enclosing it, perhaps it catches the wind more, and this has placed extra stress on it.

After reviewing the nearmap photos, I am absolutely certain that they used the existing tower structure, and added to it. Remember although it looks flimsy, the internal structure is a series of heavy I-beams, usually visible only to riders as they fly through that section of the coaster - however that structure has weathered the storm since the ride first opened, and may be in need of some love.

To be honest, i'm thinking that when they had the facades done for the new DD, they probably figured the additional cost of redoing the ones for arkham in perhaps better quality \ more realism etc was a minimal extra and had them both done at the same time. There may be nothing structurally wrong here and they're just redoing the facade with much better quality.

8 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Why would they even do another TOT, unless they run one right next to it. But that isn't possible anyways. It would be good to see the paddle steamer and bush ranger show return, and of course we'd love to see eureka return, just don't trust him as a source for this info.

And a new coaster at SW next year would be great, and I can see that coming as we haven't at this stage got any major new attractions coming.

Found this to be quite humorous. TPSN has posted a photo shared by another user stating "More theming has arrived at Warner Bros. Movie World - Gold Coast, Australia For the new Doomsday attraction!" As you can see in the photo, this was taken from a car travelling on the motorway with no indication it is being transported to MW. I guess we'll wait and see what turns up on site.

image.jpeg

Maybe he saw the shed in the background and thought it was the show stage?  

How old is that photo though?  I mean who still has the rego sticker on their car anymore?

Would also say that it's more than just Doomsday being represented in the new area. That type of themeing isn't entirely unrealistic 

Edited by joz

8 minutes ago, Wyncenuros said:

Last red rego stickers were dated year 2014...  2015 was purple...  No 2016 ones...

So this pic is either at least 18 months old or the driver of that vehicle needs to remove the old sticker and not take photos while driving...

LOL.jpg

When did your friend see it driving down the road?  Was it yesterday or 18 months ago?

Edited by skeetafly

Just now, skeetafly said:

When did your friend see it driving down the road.  Was it today or 18 months ago?

this pic is from tpsn facebook page

I just went back and had a look, and people in the comments are shooting it down and informing him that it is a sulfur hexafluoride high voltage circuit breakers as @bluman stated above.

He stated 2 days ago he saw a truck with what looked like large construction materials on the back of it (little more of a description but can't remember exactly what he said, which sounded similar to what is shown in the image) and assumed it was this...  Since I have spoken to him again and linked the image to him he has said that it was not this truck...

Since I got this info from him in the last 15 minutes I was unable to go back and edit my post above and that is when I saw Joz had pointed out the rego...

4 minutes ago, savvy14 said:

this pic is from tpsn facebook page

I just went back and had a look, and people in the comments are shooting it down and informing him that it is a sulfur hexafluoride high voltage circuit breakers as @bluman stated above.

Did I quote you?

Good reason to become part of the crew @Wyncenuros  I can edit all day.

I saw a concrete truck on the way to work.  The back of the truck was mixing 1 part cement, 1 part sand and 2 part gravel.  It was heading to Movie World.

Edited by skeetafly

4 hours ago, savvy14 said:

Found this to be quite humorous. TPSN has posted a photo shared by another user stating "More theming has arrived at Warner Bros. Movie World - Gold Coast, Australia For the new Doomsday attraction!" As you can see in the photo, this was taken from a car travelling on the motorway with no indication it is being transported to MW. I guess we'll wait and see what turns up on site.

image.jpeg

After a bored 10 minute break at work...  Northbound a kilometre before the Yatala North exit...

Capture.PNG

Edited by Wyncenuros

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic