Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

On 29/05/2016 at 3:37 PM, Bailz said:

I feel like this rides is really low, from that picture? I believe it's not even a suspended twin hammer but is the ride which is Hmamer Head at Six flags. 

Can't get rid of that quote 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I'd be happier if I could see the branding imprint on those bolts..

I could get really close for you but I'll more likely end up at sea world next instead

On 23/05/2016 at 0:24 PM, reanimated35 said:

Given something needs to be bolted on to the arm by the looks of that pic, and Intamin's website doesn't show a non-"big circle" version of the ride, I'd have to assume that it comes after everything else so it's not in the way. 

On 24/05/2016 at 2:12 PM, skeetafly said:

I thought the same as you too.  When I saw the photo of the ride I thought the circle was an extra and was hoping they would not include it in the MW ride.  The angle of the top mount and what it is connecting is what has changed my mind.  I also believe the reason why it will be constructed latter is to allow ease of build around the motor & gearbox area. 

I like what they have done with the arms so far and think it already looks better than the one in the photo.  As long as the keep it going throughout the rest of the ride I think MW might have pulled it off.

testdfdfdfdfdfdf.jpg

For other people who don't follow me or haven't seen the connection points I am talking about.

1. Connection to column

2. Bracing connection point back to main column. 

3. Blue arrows is the twist and loads getting put back into the foundation.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Skeet alluded to that on the previous page. 

And me prior to that :P

I'm thinking the counterweight connections are either:

additional theming to be attached to the outside, to continue the theme of 'doomsdays arms'

a rigging point for lifting - as the only other apparent connection point is where it has bolted onto the main arm, and it won't be used again.

I'm thinking the first is more likely given they've highlighted it with white though.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic