Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

1.       Is it a spear?

2.       Is it just a device to check clearances?

3.       Why no connection points to secure the thingy?

4.       Do you think all the theming attached to the ride are being built by an Australian company?

I will answer my own questions.

1.       Yes

2.       No

3.       Ride is a stock version

4.       Yes

Spear.PNG

50 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

I'd say the spear is just another "clearance checker" - either for the riders legs or for additional themeing elements that are being made for that space.

Struggling to understand how a spear extending from a point almost 1m above the where riders heads are positioned would be considered a 'clearance checker'. Clearance for what?   Inspector Gadgets Go-Go-Gadget Arms?

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Struggling to understand how a spear extending from a point almost 1m above the where riders heads are positioned would be considered a 'clearance checker'. Clearance for what?   Inspector Gadgets Go-Go-Gadget Arms?

If you read my comment you would see I stated a clearance checker for themeing that is yet to be added or still being made. 

I just don't see why this 'clearance checker' would be shaped this way or even painted the same white that is one the ride.

Doesn't doomsday have spikes on himself anyway? Maybe these are to keep that spike theme going? In saying that, if it is part of the theming why did they go to the trouble to paint the end of the tubes in detail? 

I guess we call our bets now.

Apparently this topic is now the world's best - the longest discussion thread on an Intamin Twin Hammer in the history of humanity.

I doubt they'd do it, but I wonder if they'd consider wild/mild ride cycle variations (like tango train at LPS)? It will be interesting to see what kind of ride cycles they will have available.

down at Park right now, a few workmen have just entered the control booth, the rest of them are working on the facades, will report if I see testing occur :) image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

UPDATE 1: look what's going up! just recorded a video and it's currently being uploaded on to YouTubeimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

UPDATE 2: the ride just went through another test run this time completely going upside down image.jpeg

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

and a video ;) 

56 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Could someone else post so photos too? I haven't seen enough of the same thing yet.

you will be happy to know Theme Park Girl also posted photos however it's on her Facebook page and much better then mine :P, looks like can't get enough or Doomsday for today we see..

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic