Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

^I think he meant the green fencing - previously it allowed a passage to WWF - which for obvious reasons isn't needed right now.

@themagician - now that the ride is clearly able to operate, the construction will change gears now putting up more of the facilities, facade, and other features of the new area. This will go right up to the boundary, so pushing the fencing out a little lets them address those areas without working against a fence.

7 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Entrance/Exit to shop and also new brick work on the left that i didn't notice until i went through the photos on my laptop

that door looks way too small to be public. I'd say thats back door staff entrance - especially considering the proximity of the breakers right next to it.

Thanks for the updates @JaggedJanine & @Clayton !

The way they are constructing the area around the ride is really cool. I think they are trying to create a secluded area with a small designated entry/exit, which is what Janine was describing as the 'brick wall' on the left of the last picture. Having this area cornered off will probably lend itself to less effort needed to blend it into the wild west themeing, and make the area overall more immersive when your inside.

Thanks to @Theme Park Girl, we have a great video showing, I imagine, full speed testing of the extreme Doomsday Destroyer ride cycle:

11 hours ago, Santa07 said:

I wasn't really expecting much... always thought claw would trump it (in thrills not theming) 

See I think with Claw, whilst its a solid ride, the double action is what makes it hard to ride repeatedly - the swinging as well as the spinning is what affects your inner ear more. I know plenty of kids would re-ride claw over and over, but as you get older, it's less enjoyable.

DD on the other hand only moves you in one direction. Just like Bounty's Revenge, i'd be happy riding this repeatedly and for me that makes the thrills better than what you find on claw.

Does anybody know the firm responsible for the design/themeing of this new area? Do WVTP's have an internal themepark design and development team (similar to WDI, but on a smaller scale)? Or is it outsourced to a themepark design firm such as Thinkwell, Falcon's Treehouse, Goddard Group, ect. ?

Edited by Luke

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic