Doomsday Destroyer - 2016 Movie World construction

4 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

And all they had to do is let some air out of the tyres.

I would have preferred to see them take the extra minute or two to cut all the way along the facade rather than have a slightly flat tyre (depending on how it looks with the air out obviously).

Still, interesting to see what they do with it to make it fit in with the facades. Let's just hope the guys who did HWSD2 aren't doing set design.

I'm so certain that they will, I'd put money on it lol. The theming on either side of the white frames clearly cuts off abruptly, and there's a spiky bit to match the themed one next to it. so undoubtedly there are bits/covers that will slot over the top and give the ring a perpetual look, once they have finished doing the wiring or whatever needs doing inside the top part of the ring.

20160823_100410.jpg

ETA: Coincidentally enough whilst looking at that photo I took above, I realised there was some tiny writing on the frame and went in for a look. Thank God there was someone there  who thought to point out which side was which and avoid a backwards ring situation ?

(Ahh, I love the zoom on my camera ❤️) 

20160823_100456.png

Edited by Theme Park Girl

^I think someone mentioned that DC wouldn't allow anything 'not DC' within the confines of the villain space - so we're unlikely to see showstage used for something like that.

I was actually wondering - since the tanker truck appears to have 'entered' showstage using the stage door - i'm wondering if that means showstage will never see a load-in ability like it used to?

Could we perhaps see a new entrance to showstage pushed through from the other side near WWF?

On 22/08/2016 at 0:10 AM, bladex said:

whoever has to change them tanks or do ring maintenance I'm glad i don't have their job!

I would LOVE that job!

On 22/08/2016 at 9:03 AM, AlexB said:

Clearly hoses run through the ring, so it stands to reason tanks aren't going to be INSIDE the ring - surely they'd be able to run lines further afield to a location much easier to swap out tanks though?

They'll probably just have BOC or similar company set up permanent co² tanks out of sight for easy refill from a tanker. It's not difficult to run 10mm copper pipes, which is what is used mostly (or flexible tubing though not sure) to an external site/s or a filling port out the back to the tank/s that are in/under/near the ride itself.

I can't see them installing tanks on the ride itself. Though I'm well informed/experienced with the systems, I am not an expert on co². 

However it's done, they'll use it for the 1st few years then turn it off like every other special effect on their rides

On 23/08/2016 at 10:08 AM, Theme Park Girl said:

ETA: Coincidentally enough whilst looking at that photo I took above, I realised there was some tiny writing on the frame and went in for a look. Thank God there was someone there  who thought to point out which side was which and avoid a backwards ring situation ?

(Ahh, I love the zoom on my camera ❤️) 

20160823_100456.png

It's so the bolt holes line up in the sections. :)

So I finally took my camera (I did take some of the wider shots on my phone) to the park today and took some close up photos of the area. Some more character figures have appeared in place. The second control booth is starting to get painted. The brick wall either side of the enetnrace gate is getting rendered. A large window has been installed for the shop. And theming on the far back corner is being completed.

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg