VRTP Membership

Inverted

Hi guys.

Looking to get a membership for the VRTP.  I noticed when they first came out they had the option of paying up front and getting one month free if you do so.  It also says this in their payment options under FAQ.  However when trying to buy them online it only gives the option for pay by the month.  Anyone know if they still offer up front payment?  

Thanks

Yeah I was gonna say, there must be the option still to buy the prepaid 12 Month VIP passes as a heap of tourists had them going into Movieworld a couple of days ago, a lot of them hadn't even broken them out of their print sheet yet. I can only assume they had just purchased them there at the gate.

I know they are different to the memberships, but at least it does imply that there is a prepaid pass option still available. I think I will be looking this again come midyear, as I don't really want to do the monthly direct debit payments. Works out to be approx $50 a month for a family of 4! I prefer to pay for them outright and get the one big expense out the way at the same time each year :/

Edited by OceanGirl

June 2016? So 4 months' of entry for $100? Doesn't really sound worth it does it, even if it does include AOS. That could very well be the passes the tourists were buying at MW, though. Sucks if that's the case, I was hoping they would keep running the VIP ones as an alternative to monthly DD membership ?

It’s a good deal if you wanted to go to AOS in the first place.   I'm currently renovating my house so I don't have time for a night off.  I do still have my year passes so I normally sneak out in the afternoon if my women has gone out.

Edited by skeetafly

2 hours ago, joz said:

So let me get this straight, basically the offer is 'Pay normal price to go to AOS, and get 4 month theme park access for free', and people are like 'Nah that's not a good deal'.  

Yep. I'd rather pay that same amount and get 12 months of park access. Much better deal for those who aren't interested in going to the AOS ?

Seems as though Dreamworld will be doing membership's starting in March 2016. This was just in their ASX Report

"Membership payment plans will be launched in March 2016 including tiered pricing model and benefits to drive per capita yield" Rather interesting to see what they do considering VRTP are ending theirs...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Maybe this is their response to the problem with Movie World overcrowding? Even though I know the passes cover all 3 parks, but maybe they are trying to prevent it being a future issue at any of them, given the majority of complaints lately seem to have been related to this problem.

The solution could be to cap the number of locals that have constant entry with memberships, then reopen the deal at a later date once numbers have declined down to a certain amount from people cancelling their memberships (ie. moving away, can't afford them any more, don't want them any more etc) and freeing up 'spots' again. 

Although this would only work in theory if they don't intend to continue the VIP passes into 2017, since your average Joe could just go and buy one of those instead whilst Memberships aren't available. 

But that would be my guess anyway as to what they are doing.