New resort near Dreamworld

Zanstabar

An interesting proposal for a residential and resort precinct next door to Dreamworld has been released. 

If this proposed development does go ahead, I wonder how it would affect the park? Especially considering the proximity of the residential towers to the park. I'm not too familiar with noise restrictions in these sorts of situations, but if this proposal does go ahead, could we see a similar situation to Luna Park Sydney?

Have wondered for a while what the plan was for that block since they cleared and levelled it. It does look out of place given there is no other buildings of note surrounding it, or any towers in Coomera at all. But being a local if it brings revenue and jobs to the local community I'm all for it

18 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

An interesting proposal for a residential and resort precinct next door to Dreamworld has been released. 

If this proposed development does go ahead, I wonder how it would affect the park? Especially considering the proximity of the residential towers to the park. I'm not too familiar with noise restrictions in these sorts of situations, but if this proposal does go ahead, could we see a similar situation to Luna Park Sydney?

The traffic already goes so slow around there that you'd be better off walking to Dreamworld if they build this...

Hey guys

Don't know if this is old news but wife found this today (sorry if it is and has been posted before).   Not to do with theme parks so to speak however it would be a major boost to the dreamworld precinct.

https://brisbanedevelopment.com/new-residential-resort-precinct-planned-for-coomera/

Edited by Inverted

All depending it may work with Dreamworld and not against as Dreamworld are the largest park in Australia and you can only just get thought Dreamworld in one day properly not counting Whitewater World and when hours are extended during school holidays why travel home when you can travel 5mins and at DW.

Something the park could do with it is introduce 2 day tickets as well as 1 day tickets you go to DW one day, stay at the resort that night and go to WWW the following day.

Cant really see the attractiveness of apartment living in said location.

You tend to see high density housing:

-in activity centers/CBDs where there's lots of stuff in walking distance.

-Clustered around stations

-In locations with a desirable views.

I could see some high rise going up at the Coomera town center once that is established... but this is a good 2 is away and has nothing that would attract people to live in high density 

It's a terrible spot for something like that IMO. It'll put way more strain on Beattie road & Dreamworld Pkwy, not to mention it'll be visually obstructive (creating a barrier between people driving north and Dreamworld's tallest attractions) and awkwardly placed - I can't think of a less relaxing place to stay then literally metres away from a highway, a huge petrol station and the boundary of a waterpark.

I'm with you @Gazza, up the northern end of the park where there's plenty of room and potentially great new shopping precincts and transport, sure, makes sense, but here? Blech.

Yeah it would look ugly, but I personally think that it would make dream world more busy. Then that would help dream world with money and perhaps, a better ride! If this does go ahead. Maybe dream world should make another entrance on the other side of whitewater world so people don't have to walk so far. More people will be like, let's go there since we don't have to walk far. And I'm sure it would be a bit different if it was on the other side!

2 hours ago, Bailz said:

Yeah it would look ugly, but I personally think that it would make dream world more busy. Then that would help dream world with money and perhaps, a better ride! If this does go ahead. Maybe dream world should make another entrance on the other side of whitewater world so people don't have to walk so far. More people will be like, let's go there since we don't have to walk far. And I'm sure it would be a bit different if it was on the other side!

Couldn't really add another entrance on the other side of WWW as Beattie street is in the way as well cave of waves, BRO, Rip and triple vortex, but good idea.

I have just have 1 word to describe the place. Ugly