New resort near Dreamworld

Zanstabar

Yeah, everyone aims to get to dreamworld or movieworld before 8 oclock right? I mean, it's not like anyone would be aiming for a 9-10am arrival when the roads are terrible..... :rolleyes:

Nobody is talking about getting to DW, but rather to/from the apartments proposed as part of this residential/resort development.

Could count on one hand the number of days per year the MW exit banks up to Helensvale. 

Honestky at 10am times the roads really aren't bad. Like I said, 25 mins from Surfers to MW. 

The biggest hold up northbound for DW is the actually exit

A no news story titled "Disneyland Down Under"  You are correct, it has nothing to do with Disney.  It does feature this new resort next to DW that will be voted on today during the G.C.C.C. meeting.

https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2017/clip-cj45h2fdo004x0gp6ztb5zwzq

Edited by Skeeta

I started watching and didn't get through it.  Everytime they mentioned Disney I had a little cringe and they just wouldn't stop going on about it.  Reckon the fact that the development is 2 thirds residential is probably worth a mention to.

Despite that the development does seem like it's based on Dreamworld actually being there so as long as that's the case I'm cool with it.

I would hope that any plans to develop apartments/accommodation and shopping would also take into account improving the park as well - with Dreamworld the way it is at the moment with its offerings, chances are people staying at the hotel will just hop onto a bus and travel down the road to VR's offerings (MW, WW, OS, TG, PC) after discovering DW has nothing else to offer them. You're basically going to add to VR's numbers, which will further exacerbate DWs attendance if VR get their plans underway for hotel/shopping redevelopment.

Kool-Aid will do that to you.

Yesterday the G.C.C.C. met and voted on the hotel adjacent to DW.  The application was for changes to the Coomera Master Plan.

approved.thumb.JPG.926f80d7fb8989d276bd3241340c2092.JPG

The council voted in favour of the changes to the Town Plan and now the hotel can move onto the next stage in getting this thing off the ground.

Edited by Skeeta

6 hours ago, joz said:

Wow I've never seen someone drink so much cool aid before.  A hotel near dreamworld will hurt their numbers because people will go down the road to Movie World instead?  How do people come up with this shit?

Okay, let me explain myself. People will stay at DW resort and they will go to DW, that's expected. But if you have a another themepark down the road that's got more attractions, are you going to return to DW after your initial visit? What DW's resorts offer is accomodation closer to all the themeparks within the area, but with its current offerings, doesn't compel you to spend more time or business there. Now with MW, lets assume they haven't got any accommodation left at their eventual hotel development. People still want to stay close to the themeparks and DW has some rooms available. Now if your only 2 choices would be half an hour away in Surfers or up the road at DW, where are you going to stay? Now, I might have worded it incorrectly but DW's attendance will increase, but at the same time it could potentially cause MW's attendance to increase at a greater rate due to a better offering. I know if I was staying in the area, and was aware of what both parks had, I'd be going down the road to MW (and I'd only be staying at DW resort in the first place if MW was booked out before hand).

On 6/16/2017 at 2:06 AM, elemist said:

I don't understand the purpose of these types of developments? Is it a case of build it and hope the parks can scale up to create the demand for the accommodation? Or to relieve pressure on accommodation in Surfers itself?

Coomera Town Centre
Gold Coast Marina Precinct
DW/WWW

Town centre alone is going to be massive, with approval for 6 stories to support future growth for the northern corridor. Family's with kids don't want to be in Broadbeach, Surfers, or Southport. They are full of drunken bogans and half naked woman... They want restaurants, pools, theme parks, and various services (cinemas, etc).

Once the area is developed, all of this will be available, and development costs will be sky high because the land will be hard to obtain, the developers here have studied the plans and are thinking ahead. They know it will generate a loss initially, but in the long term will prove a solid investment as supporting infrastructure grows.

They also know they can pump up prices and max out their entire resort during the boat show every year without failure.

Key thing to note here is the resort is "Near dreamworld", but that doesn't necessarily mean "For dreamworld". There are massive projects happening in every direction in this area right now. Marina precinct to the south, Town centre to the north, large housing estates and population increases to the east and west, and a LAP which allows developments up to 6 stories via town planning.