Theme Park Girl

VRTP Memberships closing?

24 posts in this topic

I just got this too. I certainly hope this isn't an early end of the monthly subscription, i'm a big fan of it and despite being in its infancy i've found so many friends and families engaged by the idea.

They don't have limited numbers left though.  But if you tell people that they might get off their butts and buy one.  That's the whole point here.

*edit* If there were limited numbers they'd say 'Only however many left!' Not 'Sale ends Feb 29, tell all your friends'

Edited by joz

25 minutes ago, joz said:

*edit* If there were limited numbers they'd say 'Only however many left!' Not 'Sale ends Feb 29, tell all your friends'

Although it does claim that there is "limited memberships remaining" in the body of the email ? 

So I wonder what happens after this? Maybe the VIP passes have been selling better? I still see stacks of people with them every time I enter a park, more so than the Membership cards we have (which always get stared at like they are foreign lol) ?

This is a good way as Joz has pointed out to create urgency. If there was a true end number of passes, then they wouldn't put an end date to the promotion but rather a number of passes.

Its quite smart but also sneaky. If they are sending these emails to people who have passes already, then the intent could be to make people think "Well, i'm a member, but if I cancel, I may not get back in later on", curbing the cancellation rate as we approach the 12 month period of the passes having been released. That said for that to work they will actually need to suspend the sale of the passes. 

With the more expensive memberships, you get an entry into white christmas, fright night and carnivale.  I wonder if maybe the amount of these memberships sold is starting to get to the point where they won't be able to accommodate everyone for these events?  Maybe they will continue selling the cheapest one ($9 per month) without the free entries to these events?

I think the reason behind this is because DW are selling similar unlimited tickets.  I have seen heaps of chatter that people are going for the new DW passes instead of the new MW deal.  MW have oversold so while they wait for spaces to open up they don't want you buying a DW pass.  Telling us they are coming back but not when is them trying to stop us purchasing a DW pass.