Faller Free Fall - Construction Log

Flea

No Gazza, if you look in the right corner, they are actually sides, so you contruct the tower by each panel...... and 409 parts is actually pretty good, this is how much parts my rides have.. RAINBOW - 228 parts in 5 colours WAVE SWINGER - 334 parts in 10 colours TOPSPIN - 389 parts in 5 colours BREAKDANCE - 357 parts in 8 colours FERRIS WHEEL - 267 parts in 7 colours TOP IN - 186 parts in 13 colours really 409 isnt many parts, I don't look at the box and go oh damn 409 parts, im not gonna buy it, the more the better in my case! I'll also be getting my FreeFall sometime this week, so Ill also provide some pictures when building commences :D

Monday 19th April, 2004 Today was a living hell. It was my first day on this model, and I made little progress (despite spending more than 4 hours on the thing!). I came across many problems, the motor being the main headache. However, I have completed the motor, finished the base of the station and am now half way through the contruction of the car. I have found that the instructions are very vague, they are simply not detailed enough in where it's needed. Here is an attached picture of what I completed today. The photo is fairly large in resolution, but fairly small in size (somewhere around 200-400kb). In this picture you will see everything I constructed today (including the insanely small wheels!). Trust me, it's a lot more work than it looks.

Looking pretty good liam, just smooth out the long sticker, I can see it curving between the joins, just get a piece of cardboard and run it along, so it will stick, and the wheels arent that small actually the little screw bits that are with topspin are wayyyyy smaller! and yes rich it is 1:87, and really I think its a perfect size also liam, you finally understood the motor, hehe EASY :D

• 3 weeks later...

Whats happend to the construction log? Hows the model going? Well after seeing the models (and complaining about the prices) i have brought a couple. lol. Well i got the Jungle train (completed) and the Flipper roundabout. Its 90% complete just customizing it to look more like a theme park ride and not a "show" ride, Next model is the topspin and freefall. Cya Simon

Admittedly, I was dreading the return of this thread. Unfortunately due to Faller's pathetic cutting, some holes that were meant to be cut for the wheels to pop in weren't cut at all. I've been meaning to get dad to try and cut them for me, but work has been hell for him. If I can get ahold of him today construction will resume. If not, it'll be sitting there until he's available.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to order some new parts from Faller as I found more problems with my pieces. I am regretting this purchase more and more, I'm VERY dissappointed with the "professional" cutting etc.
You must have just got the unlucky box, Whats parts are they and why dont they work or line up? I got no problems at all with mine.