Do you ever foresee a theme park closing down?

POP

Do you ever foresee a theme park closing down? And if so, why? 

I predict Movie World will make some stellar investments over the next 10 hours which will force Dreamworld's hand sometime in the year 2029 to close down due to declining attendance and running at a loss for a few years from around 2025.

3 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

Isn't this the second time you've posted this? I think it's a bit too early to be sleepwalking, so now I think you're just trolling.

I did post a similar thread but i guess the mods closed it because it wasn't descriptive enough and i posted my own opinion rather asking a general question for people to answer.

I hope they don't close this. And yes i had a promotion last night. And no i'm not trolling. I wish people would stop saying this, it's getting irksome. 

You have to admit, it sounds like you're off on a wild ride with the Green Fairy when you're spreading the news that Dreamworld will shut down in 13 years. 

Will parks shut down? Eventually, they'll have to. At this current period of time, no one can accurately state anything because our parks on relatively smooth sailing at the moment. If this rumoured Wanda park goes ahead and kicks ass, then that may change. 

Side Note: 

17 minutes ago, POP said:

Movie World will make some stellar investments over the next 10 hours which will force

Is that a typo or is this SuperBatMan 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Haha

We are going very off topic..............................we're is this going too...................................................................................................................................................................................................We're am I .........................................."........................This topic is so random............................................................................................................"........................Is this going to go on forever......

1 hour ago, POP said:

Do you ever foresee a theme park closing down? And if so, why? 

I predict Movie World will make some stellar investments over the next 10 hours which will force Dreamworld's hand sometime in the year 2029 to close down due to declining attendance and running at a loss for a few years from around 2025.

You do realise that a lot of people read these forums looking for information.  If you post that you think one park will build a certain roller coaster or another park will close some people might take that seriously?

There's a couple of small animal parks in Perth that I do worry about.  Fortunately, most businesses seem to have their act together and are able to appeal to certain aspects of the market in order to survive. 

12 minutes ago, iwerks said:

You do realise that a lot of people read these forums looking for information.  If you post that you think one park will build a certain roller coaster or another park will close some people might take that seriously?

There's a couple of small animal parks in Perth that I do worry about.  Fortunately, most businesses seem to have their act together and are able to appeal to certain aspects of the market in order to survive. 

I'm sorry. I am bipolar, i have a fun wacky side and a more mature side. I'm on the mature side tonight. I hope i don't post anymore crap in the future i'll definitely make a conscious effort not to.

21 minutes ago, POP said:

I'm sorry. I am bipolar, i have a fun wacky side and a more mature side. I'm on the mature side tonight. I hope i don't post anymore crap in the future i'll definitely make a conscious effort not to.

Good to hear you're being mature tonight and it's great to have a sense of humour. At least with this title thread we get the tone of what you mean. I've seen too many parks in Australia disappear. When I visited Fox Backlot Studios in 2000, I didn't think that that park would disappear after they sunk a couple of hundred mil into it or that I wouldn't have another chance to visit Wonderland. That sucks.

Let's hope we keep what we've got and manage to attract a few more players into the market. It's amazing that we have as many parks as we do. 

1 hour ago, Bailz said:

I predict paradise country's going to close... LOL

highly unlikely unless the rest of VRTP is going to fold, and given the recent revelations of their plans for accomodation options to be built around it, I predict you're incorrect.

29 minutes ago, POP said:

Whether or not you're being genuine, or just being a dick again waits to be seen. The unfortunate thing for you is that regardless of what you do now, you're always going to be judged based on your previous behavior. You're going to have to do a lot of work to rectify your past errors... starting with LEFT ALIGN TEXT.

I wouldn't suggest creating a new profile - others have done that, and they are always caught out down the line.

2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I wouldn't suggest creating a new profile - others have done that, and they are always caught out down the line.

I wouldn't recommend it either...

Users are limited to a single account at all times.

If you would like to change your username or have forgotten your login details, please contact a staff member.

21 minutes ago, iwerks said:

Good to hear you're being mature tonight and it's great to have a sense of humour. At least with this title thread we get the tone of what you mean. I've seen too many parks in Australia disappear. When I visited Fox Backlot Studios in 2000, I didn't think that that park would disappear after they sunk a couple of hundred mil into it or that I wouldn't have another chance to visit Wonderland. That sucks.

Let's hope we keep what we've got and manage to attract a few more players into the market. It's amazing that we have as many parks as we do. 

Yeah and we basically had the Big Pineapple close on the Sunshine Coast, the Plantation ride was so epic. I know its still there but its just not the same since it closed and was basically turned into a market :britcry: 

15 minutes ago, AlexB said:

highly unlikely unless the rest of VRTP is going to fold, and given the recent revelations of their plans for accomodation options to be built around it, I predict you're incorrect.

Whether or not you're being genuine, or just being a dick again waits to be seen. The unfortunate thing for you is that regardless of what you do now, you're always going to be judged based on your previous behavior. You're going to have to do a lot of work to rectify your past errors... starting with LEFT ALIGN TEXT.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Bailz said:

I predict paradise country's going to close... LOL

Haha. Probably the safest park in existence with little chance of trouble while Asians keep holidaying here. Tour groups pack that place with people looking to see Australia. Of course Australia is more than some native animals and a few stockmen, but you might as well place the whole country on the back of a kangaroo and ride off into the sunset with a koala on your back as far as a lot of Asian tourists are concerned.

Doesnt matter where they come from, had international people here from about 20 countries and they all jump at the chance to feed a kangaroo and stroke/pat a koala.

hell, there used to be a small park on the Coomera river a little north of movieworld that was called something like koala town. Guess what the main attraction was?

I'm still very new to the Australian theme park scene - in fact the only ones I've been to are most of the Gold Coast ones and both Luna Parks. But I would say that, currently, Dreamworld isn't in any danger any time soon. It's got a good location, and it can feed off the success of Movie World to an extent. I would imagine parks over around Perth, and maybe Aussie World, would close before then.

Having said that, if Wanda does manage to open up a park on the Gold Coast, then things could change quite drastically. Judging from my (admittedly brief) visit, and what people seem to think about both Dreamworld and Movie World, Dreamworld would be the one least prepared to adapt and weather the storm.

Normally before closing down there is no investment in the park and when they finally do close they blame every excuse under the sun claiming it isn't their fault as to why the place closed.

The way things are going with the parks at the moment I can't really see any of the majors closing.

People are quick to jump at Dreamworld being the most under threat from Wanda but I think they could do something quickly in response to the threat or even go as far as to try and get people away with their unique attractions. I doubt at Wanda park would have tigers.

Edited by pin142

Thankfully it's not in Queensland, but Greenhills Adventure Park in SA closes down 1st May.

I have spent quite a few happy days there with my nephew and niece when they were younger, and I think it had potential had the owners invested in it. 

Sadly they didn't. It's still exactly the same now as 20 years ago, and very run down. 

It's also very overpriced compared to the Gold Coast parks, and very basic. 

I'm still a little bit sad to see it go though as it has been the nearest thing Adelaide had to a theme park and I have lots of memories there.