Who here likes the new motorsports experience

Bailz

7 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Cars and Alcohol together at last?

download.jpg

One for me and one for you!

When I make a visit out next I'll be quite keen to try the food. I've heard it's virtually all handmade so It'll be interesting to see where it lands in terms of their offerings and other new outlets across the highway like Dirty Harry grill etc. 

I think it's been good overall. Those cars are a part of history, and what they've done is great. Is it odd that there's this museum exhibit in a theme park? Yeah. Is it odd that it's in ocean parade? Yeah. But despite the oddities it's a solid build. What I hope is that Dreamworld builds on it and improves it over time. It could be amazing with a little more love once when they figure out what works and what doesn't. 

Agree the air conditioning is cool (pun intended). The Car Exhibit moderately interesting, the dunnies were amusingly well themed. I don't see the car exhibit as a long term attraction - though does Dreamworld's demographic have a large contingent of people who like that kind of thing?

Looks like a great space to have a dark ride. Or even better, do a coaster like Van Helsing at Movie Park Germany. 

I'm not a car/motorsports person and not huge on the idolatry of sporting figures. The amount of foot traffic I've seen going through the museum seems to suggest that the average Dreamworld guest agrees with me.

That said, the new parts of the area are really well presented. The food is a welcome improvement though most burger chains do equivalent or better gourmet fare these days. The beer is mid-strength and served in plastic cups, so about all you can say about the alcohol is that it exists.

Hot Wheels Sidewinder is a pretty rubbish coaster with an improved train, bizarre on-ride audio and half-done theming.

I think HWSW is actually quite enjoyable now, despite how old and rough it still is. The theming, while still a bit weird, is good enough for the GP to think it's okay, it's only us nitpicky coaster nerds that find it bad. Even the GP could pick up that the Cyclone's theming was rubbish.

As for the rest of the area, I think that was just an excuse to retheme the Cyclone without making it seem like another out-of-place ride, and giving the racing simulators a place to seem at home. The Brock museum actually looks really good... if you're a racing fan, and it really seems like there are very few racing fans that go to Dreamworld.

It's been executed very well, it just doesn't appeal to a wide audience imo, and isn't intrinsically linked to theme parks, I get maybe the whole 'adrenaline' linkage, but it's not a strong connection. 

I walked around it as a 'I've done that' and won't bother again. I went into the retail store yesterday, because they were walking the tiger cub in there, but looking out there wasn't a single person in the exhibit itself. There was 4 staff members though! Eventually that'll drop to 1, with the photo opp only open weekends no doubt. 

Haven't yet seen it but you and me may not find it to interesting but it's not to say that others will not it's just going to be an attraction like animal experience you not something you would try and fit on one day and not something you are going to lose sleep over if you miss out on viewing it.

1 hour ago, Bailz said:

It's not that interesting hey, I wonder how much all the cars costed, and if they could of redone something with that......eureka......

I don't think the cars would have 'costed' much, as it was a relocation of a museum. I doubt Dreamworld have any legal ownership of any of them. The cost would have come from the construction & theming, which whilst not church change would be a damn sight cheaper than bringing Eureka back to operational ability