What do you think is the best dark ride in Australia?

Bailz

I haven't been on any dark rides in Australia except for the ones in the Gold Coast. Are there any elsewhere?

In my opinion, and of the ones I've been on and remember, the best ever was Bermuda Triangle. 

Now that's sadly gone, it's a very close call between Scooby Doo and Wild West Falls. 

If I had to pick the best of those two I'd say Scooby Doo. 

That could possibly change though once WWF has its effects overhauled. 

That drop was talked about for weeks after I visited as a 5 year old! I used to love the Looney Tunes River Ride. It was perfect for the park.

Maybe not the best Dark Ride in Australia but by far one of the best placed and themed in the context of the park.  Didn’t it have the same kind of premise of Gremlins of a Studio Tour that turns into an “unexpected” ride.

Out of rides that currently exist -- definitely Justice League followed by Scooby. JL is the only true dark ride we have right now. Great theming and interactivity, only let down by the ride system that has no independent simulated movement. If some sort of movement (apart from just trundling along a track like an old-school ghost train) had been incorporated, the ride would have been way more popular. WWF can't be considered a dark ride. It just has some indoor portions.

Edited by GoGoBoy

7 hours ago, Hypermarket Hero said:

That drop was talked about for weeks after I visited as a 5 year old! I used to love the Looney Tunes River Ride. It was perfect for the park.

Maybe not the best Dark Ride in Australia but by far one of the best placed and themed in the context of the park.  Didn’t it have the same kind of premise of Gremlins of a Studio Tour that turns into an “unexpected” ride.

I didn't want to bash LTRR because it was a great ride, I was basically raised by looney tunes, I watched the re-runs on Boomerang until I was way 'too old' for them. Seeing the looney tunes characters in person was excellent, but even as a kid, the drop never stuck out, maybe it's because I rode WWF on the same day.

Even though it's not a 'dark' ride, WWF is easily my favourite ride in the country after Superman, which has surprised me considering my love for parks came through creating themeless car park coasters in RCT and NoLimits. Kinda saddening that they haven't kept all the theming in tip-top shape.

Another 'wish I could call it a dark ride just to make a point' ride that I love is the Storm coaster. I rode it without researching the theming too much beforehand and it surprised me quite a bit. Also, the force dispersion during the coaster bit is absolutely perfect, not a jolty lateral force in to be felt. A top notch ride on all accounts.

SDSC is probably close enough to being a dark ride that I will say it's my favourite dark ride in the country. I've ridden JL once and I just didn't like it at all. It's a shame because I knew of (and could see) all the money that went into the ride system and the theming, but it just didn't appeal to me. I'd even use the word 'lame', this not only coming from a guy who loves parks and should know better than to call such a great attraction 'lame', but a guy who watched nothing but Boomerang until he was 12 years old, and continues to play RCT at 19.

I'm definitely not the target market for that ride though.

1. Bermuda Triangle 

2. Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster

3. Batman Adventure (the first, I still enjoyed the second though)

3. Looney Tunes River Ride

4. Gremlins Adventure

5. The indoor part on Superman Escape

6. Justice League (If the cars had movement and the staff really revved you up to get on board, and a bigger finale it would easily be number one)

7. Indoor part on Storm Coaster (Whatever happened to the fire that was suppose to be installed? Did they end up connecting the gas line?)

8. Indoor part on Wild West Falls

9. Big Red Car (Yes I did it once <_<

10. Indoor section on the Rapids

11. Eureka Mine Ride