Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

1 hour ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Ahhh thanks :) 

Everything looks so nice, I can't choose ?? Did anyone get a look at the prices?

Yeah, they seemed to range between $9-$10 (slice of pizza, wedges etc) and the $20 mark. I bought a crab baguette which was $14, you could get a chicken one for $12. Pulled pork roll was $14, as was the jambalaya and chowder soup cob. Ribs were $18 I think. They were advertising the seafood boil up on their website for $22, although it did say minimum two people. So not sure if that was the price EACH or for both? 

But yeah, you get the idea. 

ETA: If you zoom in on some of the outlet pics posted earlier, you can see the pricing on some of them :)

Edited by OceanGirl

8 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Yeah, they seemed to range between $9-$10 (slice of pizza, wedges etc) and the $20 mark. I bought a crab baguette which was $14, you could get a chicken one for $12. Pulled pork roll was $14, as was the jambalaya and chowder soup cob. Ribs were $18 I think. They were advertising the seafood boil up on their website for $22, although it did say minimum two people. So not sure if that was the price EACH or for both? 

But yeah, you get the idea. 

ETA: If you zoom in on some of the outlet pics posted earlier, you can see the pricing on some of them :)

Thanks so much :) 

19 hours ago, OceanGirl said:

@Slick those photos are incredible!!! What sort of camera did you use to take them?? I'm seriously considering getting a professional camera, my S6 is great but does no justice when it comes to events like this lol ?

Btw, is this you down in the bottom left corner? The angle of your photo above seems to suggest so ?

20160416_202914.jpg

Hah! Yep that's me alright. Signature slicked hair and all. Next time don't be a stranger and come say g'day! ;) 

I'm currently a Canon full frame guy, but thinking of jumping ship to Sony. My best advice? Find a camera that you're happy to lug around all the time. A small mirrorless camera you're happy to keep in your hand that you can point and shoot at a moment's notice is better then a big heavy camera that's so painful to yield you end up leaving in a bag until you begrudgingly use because you feel so guilty (been, there done that). Basically, the best camera is the one you have with you. I'm also currently toying with a Sony RX100 Mark IV for shits and gigs, and I will say it's the most impressive "tiny camera" you can buy on the market, hands down.

15 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Yes @OceanGirlthat is @Slickin your photo. 

How did you know, though? :P

14 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

A quick Google says pepper and spiced bacon

Bingo. It had spot on umami, with a real kick at the end. For those worried about price, i'd either go the sampler pack or the seafood boil. I'll be surprised if anyone comes away from the boil hungry or feeling like they missed out, it's worth the price.

While i'm here, i've thrown up some of the photos up on OurWorlds while I continue to sift through footage. It's worth a quick 30 seconds I think: http://ourworlds.co/carnivale-2016-sneak-peek/

Btw, @joz - the first photo shows how they were serving it. It was kind of weird but worked really well.

_MG_7830.jpg

_MG_7834.jpg

_MG_7866.jpg

_MG_7881.jpg

_MG_7897.jpg

_MG_7967.jpg

_MG_8071.jpg

_MG_8761.jpg

_MG_8822.jpg

11 minutes ago, OceanGirl said:

Check it out, @Slick! Movie World have used some of our photos in their latest email. I've spotted about four of mine, and a few of yours too ???

Screenshot_2016-04-18-17-04-42.png

I just saw. Always neat to have my work pop up somewhere new. :)

3 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

@Slick I take it you get asked by the park/asked the park to do those shots? 

I have a lot of respect for the VRTP team and they seem to like what I do. ;)

18 hours ago, Slick said:

I'm currently a Canon full frame guy, but thinking of jumping ship to Sony. My best advice? Find a camera that you're happy to lug around all the time. A small mirrorless camera you're happy to keep in your hand that you can point and shoot at a moment's notice is better then a big heavy camera that's so painful to yield you end up leaving in a bag until you begrudgingly use because you feel so guilty (been, there done that). Basically, the best camera is the one you have with you. I'm also currently toying with a Sony RX100 Mark IV for shits and gigs, and I will say it's the most impressive "tiny camera" you can buy on the market, hands down.

How did you know, though? :P

Sony? Blasphemer! Konica Minolta should stay where it belongs - back in the 90's. As for the rest... Amen to that.

As for how he knew it was you - you don't exactly make a secret of yourself through on-ride videos being narrated on screen, and various other bits and pieces.

@reanimated35 is quite the facebook stalker... but i got one over on him when I found him first.

34 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Sony? Blasphemer! Konica Minolta should stay where it belongs - back in the 90's. As for the rest... Amen to that.

As for how he knew it was you - you don't exactly make a secret of yourself through on-ride videos being narrated on screen, and various other bits and pieces.

@reanimated35 is quite the facebook stalker... but i got one over on him when I found him first.

@AlexB actually sold me my first DSLR over a decade ago. Small world, huh?

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Yeah - and a bloody Nikon at that. I'm glad you've seen the light.

Canon make some incredible glass, but in my mind they're playing it far, far too safe with their bodies while companies like Sony continue to rip them apart. Their new 1DX Mark II is an incredible piece of kit, save for the fact that while it's all well and good it shoots 4K@60fps, there's no C-LOG and you can't output 4K via HDMI, so there's absolutely no way to get a clean, cinematic 4K DCI shot out of it, rendering the whole endeavour completely useless.

Meanwhile, I could pick up an A7R ii for literally half the price, whack a metabones adapter onto it, use all of my favourite glass, get C-LOG 4K UHD internally & get larger, more cleaner photos with a better dynamic range.

Their 5D4 better make me crap my pants.

I think Sony dabbles a lot with creative bodies because they started out making video bodies, and then purchased a ready made mount system for still shots, so they're doing what they always do - putting their history and tech into the still bodies the same way they always have.

Canon on the other hand doesn't have the video background, theirs have always been still. Yes, their bodies are more and more able to be used as a cinematic camera, but you can't fault them for being behind sony in that regard.

I dislike Sony predominantly because they adapted the konica minolta mount primarily as an 'in' to the industry. They snapped it up right as KM fell off the wagon, so all of the previous KM users went to Sony because their lenses fit.

Problem is - all the KM lenses were film ratio, so for the first (almost) decade of the Alpha mount system's life, most enthusiasts got suckered into buying it to keep their lenses, but the lenses were never meant to be used on a digital sensor, so the aberrations were terrible.

Canon developed EF-S when they released digital SLRs, so their glass grew with it. Alpha lenses had some catching up to do, although they have now achieved it, I still despise them as a photographic company. (When it comes to audio and video however they are exceptional. I still to this day use Sony Vegas - although that too was an aquisition of another company's tech when it folded)

10 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I think your title "So… how about those dancers, eh?" doesn't show any pics of dancers, only the singers. Otherwise it's a good review. 

With all the talk on the forums from you about the bacon, I thought you would have mentioned it somewhere in the review though......

Good point, i've added more dancers and performers in now.

And you're right, I wish I could've mentioned the bacon more, but I just didn't feel it was right to push my own opinion too hard.

40 minutes ago, downunder said:

^So I should use all three of my Southern Sampler choices on the bacon?

It's all about the bacon, no kale...

It'd be money well spent.

Seriously thought, i'd get in early and get the loaded fries, bacon in the middle, and chowder to top it off (all three have bacon in it, by the way.)