Carnivale 2016, Movie World, Sea World & Wet'n'Wild

Theme Park Girl

What do you mean? It's a table in the studio room next to where the stage is setup. The artist sits in there, fans line up, the artist signs autographs and gets photos taken with fans. Same as any other meet and greet, really, so I thought it would be self explanatory.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're asking exactly, otherwise I'd answer it better?

Edited by Theme Park Girl

Tonight was way less busy than last week. I arrived at 5:45 and the gravel area (closest to AOS and Wet n Wild) was empty. Did anyone that went notice the driver or the crocodile float jackknifed at he turned into the street. Also the Road blocking issue was fixed. You can turn from both lanes going toward the northbound entrance

1 hour ago, lifeofsamage said:

Did anyone that went notice the driver or the crocodile float jackknifed at he turned into the street. 

I thought it broke down? Either way, it caused quite a panic with MW staff. We were standing near where it happened, and the thing got swarmed by operations staff. Then everyone in the crowd cheered when someone else jumped behind the wheel and finally got it started again lol. 

20160430_201052.jpg

Samantha Jade went off with a bang, as expected. Absolutely awesome performance ???

20160430_205619-1-1.jpg

I ended up having the loaded fries x2 (one for me, one for my bring-a-friends lol) and a $10 serve of the bacon, which was very nice btw ? I intended to get something of more value, however I struggled to finish the fries, they filled me up really fast, haha. Bought two of the refillable Carnivale mugs. 

Got a quick ride on scooby at the very start of the evening. Did the meet N greet with Samantha Jade, which was worth the 45 Min wait in line to see my 11 year old's face light up with excitement when we went up to meet her and get our CD album signed lol ?

All in all it was another great night ?

Oh, and by the way, I finally met my first fellow Parkz member whilst he was hard at work filming the concert. Hello again, @Slick!!! Was awesome catching up with you this time, dude. Hope you get that good night's sleep tonight haha ?

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Great review TPG.

the one thing that stood out for me from your review was the fact you own a CD... Do they still make those things? 

Lol!!! Believe it or not ? We bought our copy earlier in the week whilst at Woolies, however they did have a CD stand there last night next to the signing area, selling SJ's latest album and single (I know the singles were $5, the albums had already sold out apparently) 

According to one of the nearby signs, you HAD to have a CD in order to go up to meet her, which I was not aware of! So it seems there WAS a catch 22 in the end, even though the meet and greet tickets were being offered for free for premier &  elite members - compulsory purchase first ?

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

Music is still be released on vinyl so there is still a demand for CD/vinyl releases.

Yeah dude, am more than aware CDs still exist, we sell them at my workplace, my comment was in jest of the fact it's pretty damn rare people buy them. Guess it's hard to get your untunes playlist autographed though... 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Guess it's hard to get your untunes playlist autographed though... 

And that's exactly the reason why we bought this one lol. I have to say though, was the first time in a long time that I have bought a CD! Most of the ones I get these days are prizes I have won in comps run by my local radio station ?

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Not me, sorry ? Had to work a split shift today and only finished at 7 (and that was an early mark, was supposed to finish at 10pm lol) 

I'd love to go back a third time, but don't know if I'll be able to. Will have to see ?

I'm most likely going one last time on the 14th, then that Dreamworld star wars thing on the 15th.

46 minutes ago, themagician said:

3 hour early mark ? I want to work where you do

I just don't work weekends :P

Edited by reanimated35

30 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I'm most likely going one last time on the 14th, then that Dreamworld star wars thing on the 15th.

I'm doing the Stormtrooper weekend as well, although at this stage I'm not sure which day. More than likely the Sunday, unless hubby ends up getting Sat off work. Would be worth going on the latter for the steam train ???

1 hour ago, themagician said:

3 hour early mark ? I want to work where you do

Ha. If it's any consulation, my work day started at 12pm lol. I was within the second half of my split shift when I left ? Place was dead (seems everyone is holding out for mothers day tomorrow to go out for lunch) and we were overstaffed, so I was more than happy to volunteer to be one of two people to go early. Especially after working 12pm-12.30am on Thurs, still recovering from that  ???

The way I see it, steam train would be great, but, there's going to be other days for that, whereas the Saturday will be the first day for the parade - going by other events across all parks, the first day is also the day that has the most errors and problems. The Sunday you'd expect to have everything ironed out. 

Has anyone had an issue with redeeming the bring a friend free passes online? I've got my free redemption ticket and the bring a friend ticket in my basket and it asked for my pass details twice to validate them. But once I put in the details on one it says it has already been redeemed for the other ticket. Any ideas?