Richard

2017 Movie World roller coaster construction discussion

3,826 posts in this topic

I don't expect this one to get much activity just yet, but to try and separate the discussion of these two very different projects, let's try and keep all roller coaster speculation and discussion here. Discussion about Doomsday Destroyer, the 2016 flat ride is over here.

A few pieces of reading materials to get things started:

And our ride profile, where we'll have all likely and confirmed information as it comes to light:

http://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Warner_Bros_Movie_World/ride/2445-Unknown_Roller_Coaster

I'm keeping out of this discussion.  I had no idea with the last one, even with all the clues.   I keeping my involvement to one liners and criticism.   I tell you one thing.  It’s not a real coaster unless it has a dark section with loads of theming.

3 hours ago, skeetafly said:

I'm keeping out of this discussion.  I had no idea with the last one, even with all the clues.   I keeping my involvement to one liners and criticism.   I tell you one thing.  It’s not a real coaster unless it has a dark section with loads of theming.

And looks like a Monorail?

I really hope we see something similar to Blue Fire MegaCoaster in Europa Park. I had the privilege to visit the park last year and this coaster was definitely a stand out among the rest. So smooth and an amazing experience 

5 hours ago, Slick said:

I would love to see something like this, which is a POV of one of the coasters Richard mentioned in his article.

That thing looks amazing but imagine an evacuation from the very top of the lift hill as those stairs seem almost vertical. Would be an experience in itself just getting down them

1 hour ago, AllegroCrab said:

Makes you wonder why they even bothered with the microphone.

Just you wait until you watch my Hot Wheels Sidewinder video. Terrible audio for days. 

21 hours ago, Slick said:

I would love to see something like this, which is a POV of one of the coasters Richard mentioned in his article.

This is exactly what Australia needs. A massive lift hill, long ride time, and just all out impressive. It would dominate the skyline. I also have no doubt it would draw the crowds in for a long time to come. Seriously hoping.

On 2/26/2016 at 3:18 PM, Slick said:

That looks really fun. Movieworld can just build a clone of it and be sorted. Even the name can be the same, since it fits in to Movie DC Superhero World just fine!

I don't actually mind Robb's commentary. If I want something without commentary I head over to CF, but if I want a change to a POV I head over to TPR, just for a nice change.