DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I really hope, wish and pray :) that they will do a proper fence (solid rendered masonry) when they are finished....not a see through chain-wire or metal rail fence like Green Lantern.

I think this look they adopted with GL is really unfinished like the ride was an afterthought rather than an integrated part of the park. To me it feels like you are stepping outside of the park to ride GL. 

I think a solid fence like the main entry wall is especially applicable if they are planning some theming throughout the new coaster.  This would help to provide some mystery to the ride, rather than knowing what's up ahead because you saw it when you drove in....  

Sounds like you want them to build a wall and not a fence @MikeMac. Personally I find the Green Lantern fence to be visually nice. The roll before the final turn wouldn't be as good to look at with a horrible wall between you and the ride. I don't see the point in spending extra money on building an actual wall around the whole ride when a basic fence would be enough.

Ha ha, yeah I agree, the coaster can't be hidden by a wall. I guess I just love American politics too much :D

Probably not for this forum but I guess I like the old idea of movieworld being all about the mystery and movie magic (rides behind closed doors - dark rids etc).  Obviously a large coaster cannot be entirely indoors but there are plenty of opportunity for the track to wiz past and through themed landscaping and structures (I guess like Superman Escape). If this is visible to the public at the entry it takes away from the magic...

As a kid I loved that once you walking into Movieworld you were in another world with little to no interaction with the outside.

Anyway, appreciate your thoughts :D 

On 10/09/2016 at 6:05 AM, pin142 said:

Noticed on the way into the car park yesterday markers being hammered in heading towards Green Lantern. This looks like it is going to be big whatever it is assuming those markers are for it.

It's highly likely that those markers are for the station. As it is currently the best location for the queue entrance, the roller coaster is highly likely to start & finish in-between Justice League: Alien Invasion 4D & Green Lantern. The only concern I have with the station being there is having too many queues in an already cluttered area. There would be 4 queues - Justice League: Alien Invasion 4D, Batwing Spaceshot, Green Lantern & the new rollercoaster. It might create a bottleneck having heaps of visitors walking down/up that short footpath to those 4 queues especially with a top 10 worldwide rollercoaster there. If the station is not there, Movie World could surprise us & build the station behind Superman Escape/next to Arkham Asylum, where there is plenty of room - but until there is a sign of construction there, it is unlikely.

Regarding the rumoured ride duration, the Movie World employee, if he is right, may have included any pre-ride segments of the ride (excluding the queue). For example, the old 'studio tour' prior to actually riding Looney Tunes River Ride & the pre-ride segments inside Wayne Manor/the Batcave in Batman Adventure - The Ride 2. The sound stage I referred to 6 days ago would be a highly likely place for a pre-ride segment to occur if that is what the sound stage is for.

If the ride duration only included the roller coaster portion (I don't know if this has been done before anywhere in the world) but could this be the world's first rollercoaster built to accommodate virtual reality rather than just adding virtual reality to old rollercoasters? For example, maybe after the rollercoaster begins, you enter a separate room (assuming it is part of a sound stage) where the rollercoaster stops (or at least rolls along very slowly) as the virtual reality headset plays a special video before the main track segments of the rollercoaster begin such as a lift hill/launch/drop. A special virtual reality video with the rollercoaster barely moving at the same time could drag the ride time out for a long time especially as videos are meant to be entertaining (so hence 'time flies'). Again, the only probable issue to this is queue efficiency - there would need to be enough trains running to ensure the queue constantly moves - but hopefully Movie World has got that all sorted.

The above may seem unlikely but given Mack Rides is currently the most likely rollercoaster manufacturer, this frequently asked quetsion from VR Coaster's website should be noted:

Are you also planning new roller coasters that are build only for VR right from the start?

Yes, our partner Mack Rides will build any kind of roller coaster, optimized for a pure VR experience. At the moment, we are already developing two such coaster facilities, but as there's a lot more engineering involved, these will not be finished before 2017 / 2018.

The only way to figure out if Movie World is associated with this is if someone can figure out how many rollercoasters Mack Rides are manufacturing. If 2 are currently scheduled for completion in the timeframe given above & Movie World's one of those, Movie World's rollercoaster could be one of those designed specifically for virtual reality.

I'm also curious as to why they are digging on the grass overflow car park too. I don't think there is any photos yet of that or did I miss them?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

2 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I'm also curious as to why they are digging on the grass overflow car park too. I don't think there is any photos yet of that or did I miss them?

I have a few photos from like 2 weeks ago. They were just laying some piping. More than likely just water supply for emergency services. Sorry about the 2 phone pics.

IMG_8361.jpg

IMG_8365.jpg

20160909_170859.jpg

20160909_170906.jpg

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic