DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 minute ago, gumb00t said:

Pretty full on with those offices! Strange that there's going to be such a big work area there... maybe a lot of custom welding etc will need to be done. 

(Also, similar container "workshops" out the back of the studios)

Or a bulk discount on site offices they can use for top golf and other projects

41 minutes ago, TomiJ said:

Thanks for the photos everyone. Could the shipping containers just be for the shelter and not have any coaster pieces or have something related to the coaster. 

3449086.jpg.a8de8167eb825bbc81b13d8a97b0e114.jpg

Online pics demonstrate that the shelter can be used to work on whatever is in the containers. So definitely possible they may be housing something related to the coaster itself ?

images(189).thumb.jpg.c497222a175efd7131ec910badc83d19.jpg

Edited by Theme Park Girl

@Theme Park Girl yea I saw that in the website as well. I'm pretty sure they have stuff inside and are related to the coaster some way or another.  (not track or support pieces). Or could it even be shipping containers from village roadshow studios. Lols,  like everyone I just want to know what's in those containers. 

I think I'll have a chat to my mate Scooby-Doo and Shaggy, they are great at solving mysteries. Or even better one of us should pitch a tent just outside the containers and wait for someone to open them; I would but it's a nine hour drive. @themagician @pushbutton @themagician any takers? 

Edited by TomiJ

23 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Online pics demonstrate that the shelter can be used to work on whatever is in the containers. So definitely possible they may be housing something related to the coaster itself ?

Could also be for keeping tools secure when not in use...  

The containers that the ride parts will eventually come in aren't owned by Mack, the construction company nor Movie World. They're owned by the freight/logistics company who will deliver the containers and take them back once they're unloaded. These containers here today would certainly be rented or purchased for this shelter.

Mack ships track/supports in open-top containers. When parts actually arrive it'll be pretty obvious.

As well as all the tools and equipment needed to install the ride. The Coaster needs more than track and supports. It needs tones of nuts and bolts, motors, lift chains, spare parts/maintenance stuff along with a lot of other stuff.

Plus they need an area to store all tools and equipment needed for the install. Its clear that the coaster parts will be arriving soon. What we are seeing right now is the are being set up for the cost parts arrival.

(VRTP could always buy the shipping containers and send them down to SW for Storm. :) )

This temp roof structure is a standard thing on construction sites now.

I currently have a new warehouse going up in Northern NSW and look what we are using.

20161214_113452_resized.thumb.jpg.d139c5f91a73432f3c91faacc00aeced.jpg

Once this is finished the roof will be removed and reassembled on the next job site.

I am prepared to say the most the containers would have in them would be tools.  In saying that I believe them to be empty.

Once the coaster arrives at the shipyard they will not deliver it in bits and pieces.  The shipyard doesn’t like to hold anything and as soon as it clears customs it will be moved on.

@Theme Park Girl can we get a zoomed in photo of the locks. 

If it has a seal on it:         They have come on a ship.

If it has a padlock on it:    They will have tools in it.

If it has nothing on it:        They will be empty.

Hold that thought @Theme Park Girl found a close up.

Untitled.thumb.png.252277e434a5f7360fed4902710fa022.png

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Fingers crossed for containers to start arriving this afternoon, this evening or tomorrow morning...  Last container ship for 3 days docked a little under 2 hours ago...  And if...  IF...  JL3D and Batwing closures have anything to do with the new coaster installation that gives 3 weeks instead of 2 or 2 and a half...

A sign that I have nothing better to do on a Friday night...

http://queensland.snarl.com.au/cams/single/201

Wife is going to Brisbane for a live music performance tonight...  She was surprised when I volunteered to drive her there....  Up the highway and back...  

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic