DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

10 hours ago, Aw hype said:

Anybody have any idea of what theming will be? Wish it was deadpool but mw don't have rights for marvel comics :(

I speculate it will be Wonder Woman themed. I wrote up a few posts a month or so ago, explaining/speculating why I think it will be WW. If you want to read, here you go:

https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/7117-2017-movie-world-roller-coaster/?page=100#comment-142669

https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/7117-2017-movie-world-roller-coaster/?page=101#comment-142767

https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/7117-2017-movie-world-roller-coaster/?page=101#comment-142745

58 minutes ago, Luke said:

I speculate it will be Wonder Woman themed. I wrote up a few posts a month or so ago, explaining/speculating why I think it will be WW. If you want to read, here you go:

It wouldn't surprise me if it were to be WW themed. A decade ago it would have not even been a consideration - most would only associate with the cheesy 1970's TV series.

Today we see WB's/DC have completely reinvented the Character that will no doubt deliver a powerful message for Woman's rights and equality. Such a theme for a Hyper is also undoubtedly a great way to get Global marketing attention for MW. 

Time will tell!!

Edited by MickeyD

As I've mentioned I'd be pushing (if I had any input into it at MW.....) that MW should scrap Batman Spaceshot themeing and theme the new coaster to Batman.

Batman is arguably one of the biggest superhero's so it would be fitting that a big coaster is themed to Batman, not a 'small' ride like spaceshot. Plus a huge LED bat symbol high on the lift hill (like GL) would look awesome from the highway.

I guess the wonder woman symbol could look good too, and it has merit that it could be themed to WW, but it looks very Americanised to me and is no where near as recognisable as Batman (I just had to google it to recall what it looked like....)

EDIT: actually the new one isn't so American......

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-wonder-woman-logo/

Edited by mission

Funny that the only people that are chomping at the bit for an announcement are fans on this site who don't already know!

For that matter, why would MW go out of their way to make a special announcement about their new ride only to make less than 1% happy?

They will make the announcement when they are ready to do so. One thing is for sure, that is getting closer by the day?

Edited by MickeyD

Technically it isn't batman themed, but villains themed. It is in the batman universe, but a part from batman on top of the building, and him on VR if you upgrade to it, the majority it is around the joker and Harley Quinn with mentions of killer Croc, and a couple of others who I can't remember. 

11 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Today we see WB's/DC have completely reinvented the Character that will no doubt deliver a powerful message for Woman's rights and equality.

Don't mean to be sexist here or anything, but let's not. That sort of controversy shouldn't be a centrepoint of a coaster theme. If it's going to be WW themed, it will be so because she's one of the most popular DC superheroes as of late and would be a solid choice for marketing.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

the majority it is around the joker and Harley Quinn with mentions of killer Croc, and a couple of others who I can't remember. 

Poison Ivy & Mr Freeze are the other big ones, with one or two mentions of the Scarecrow. Then you have a few bits and bobs in the queue that point towards other villains - eg the Riddler.

7 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Please for the love of all things sacred...  MW make an announcement already...  This is the 4th time we have circled back to the themeing conversation...

Amen to this...

Hey All! I've been a long time watcher of this thread and am looking forward to this coaster when it arrives.

Im not sure if many of you have seen this (I'm sure some of you may have) the tender files for the Hypercoasters station. I understand the main tender files are locked but I can access these for free.

Am I allowed to post some screenshots for you all to ponder over seeing as though they are freely accessible?

Cheers!

Awesome fine @STE4LTH, and now we finally have a layout. Was looking closely at the text, but unfortunately not description of theme or name. But basic idea of the layout, station and queue system is definitely good enough for me. And it seems like there will be 24 people on a train at a time. And the entrance into the queue area will be under the track and then inside the building, which also seems to have the main queue, single rider and fast track (there isn't any text, but I'm just basing it off the multiple lanes).

Brilliant stuff @STE4LTH!

So, passengers will be loading from the East side of the track, meaning there'll have to be a path around, There's a good possibility of having interaction then, between the coaster and guest areas, hopefully there'll be loads of brilliant spots to view this thing from. I was worried they'd load from the other side and sort of have the coaster in its own separate area in the distance. No use having a coaster you can ride but can't really get a good look at off ride, that's part of the fun of going to a park for me. Annoyingly a lot of our parks have gotten this wrong in the past, think of how hard it is to view most of Arkham Asylum, apart from the one good view inside the cage on exit, the best views of HWSW are from the waterpark, etc.

I also like the amount of trees they appear to be leaving, should be a pretty good looking area.

One thing of note is that they use the term "Hypercoaster" to refer to the project, surely they can't skive off from it being 200ft+ if they're calling it "Project Hypercoaster".

Edited by AllegroCrab
bit about trees

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic