DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

That's it! 

They're going to have to tear down Gaint Drop, Buzzsaw, HWSW, Batwing, SE, Green Lantern, Nearly every ride at WnW & WWW. If it can be seen from the highway, it's a major safety concern & will cause heaps of accidents! ? 

In all seriousness I think the location is the best location that it could have. 

39 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Let's stop bullying someone because their opinion is considered odd here. 

OT: Where is the fucking track??

The dictionary describes the word “Bully” as a person who is habitually cruel to others. It also says a bully is a tormenter who has a imbalance of power and uses this behavior towards others on a CONSTANT basis.

It is becoming increasingly alarming at how many people use the word “Bully” in the wrong context.

It’s gotten to the point that if people don’t like what you say, they don’t like your opinion, or they just can’t get what they want from you, they will call you a “Bully.”

Because bullying is such a hot issue, everyone is using the term “Bully” in one way or another – yet completely OUT of context.

Normal social interaction, being told something you don’t want to hear, being ribbed by your friends on one occasion, being treated cruelly one time -- is not bullying.

Kids who are repeatedly harassed and taunted and attacked are absolutely being bullied and need to be protected by their parents and the school system. However, children who happen to find themselves on the receiving end of a snarky remark or a disrespectful comment, have to learn the power to stand up for themselves.

Much of this is just plain old DRAMA! Some of it is not. But we'll never know what real bullying is, if people continue to abuse the word.

Bullying is clearly as described above and is done on a constant basis. When we use the word “Bully” in the wrong context we are sending a message to those around us that everyone is being bullied and we are telling people we are victims.

We have become desensitised to the word and as a country we are overusing it. This can be harmful to kids who are truly being bullied on a regular basis. We are creating a world of victims! We cannot become victims by one time events – or because we didn’t hear what we wanted to hear from the person we were speaking to.

Let’s use the word “Bully” in a real and responsible way. Bullying is difficult enough when it happens for real. Let’s not create a country of victims because our society overuses a word.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Maybe. 

I have been told the coaster arrived weeks ago, but couldn't be delivered due to a problem with getting the coaster into the area without damaging something.  I don’t know if this is true or just a bit of Chinese whispers.

When I saw, them cutting kerb it made me think they might be creating an entrance or exit for the trucks to get around whatever the problem is.  In saying that there might not even be a problem.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

23 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Maybe. 

I have been told the coaster arrived weeks ago, but couldn't be delivered due to a problem with getting the coaster into the area without damaging something.  I don’t know if this is true or just a bit of Chinese whispers.

When I saw, them cutting kerb it made me think they might be creating an entrance or exit for the trucks to get around whatever the problem is.  In saying that there might not even be a problem.

I reckon you're spot on there. Would also cause less congestion closer to the entrance of MW. They'll probably cut further down too for the pieces to be moved onto the site.

3 hours ago, Morphix said:

PLease note I am a casual enthusiast

What is a "casual enthusiast"?

From reading this myself I'm thinking that it's another term for "idiot". I'm just so lost as to how your post makes any form of logical sense.

Great photos @Theme Park Girl, not too long until we see some action now I'm sure!

2 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

A section of fencing to the coaster area has been removed, with temporary fencing in its place. My bet is that this is where they will be lugging in coaster parts ?

20170321_114415.thumb.jpg.341542245fa9ddd5333cb8805a820e69.jpg

Just a side note, that fencing had never been installed, and has had that construction fencing there the whole time.

All the track peices will arrive very close together. They are currently at the shipping docs. (Well where there. God knows how much are already on trucks making their way to MW.) the shipping yard would want to get rid of all those sea containers ASAP as they are just sitting there wasting space. So my bets are we will see the whole or most of the coaster parts arrive very soon.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic